has anyone turned the vaccine down

is so where do you stand if you decide at a later date than you want it, literally the only reason I am going to get mine is incase they bring out vaccine passports and as yet they have not said you cant travel, and do other things etc without one but they may do in the coming months.
You would have a 1 in a million chance of the vaccine doing something bad to you like a blood clot. If you're male and over 40 it's more like 1 in10m.

The chances of catching Covid are pretty high - more than 1 in 5 have had it.

If you get it and are male over 40 you have about a 1 in 200 chance of being very seriously ill or dying ( or having long term debilitating illness)

So do the maths..

1. Vaccine : 1 in 10 million chance of disaster

2. No vaccine : 1 in 1000 chance of disaster .

Also it's now proven that the vaccine is 95% likely to stop you getting covid, 100% likely to stop you dying - and if do happen to still contract it , it's now been shown that you are much less likely to transmit it - even to people in your own home .

Get a grip man. I was rough as anything for 24 hours after. Soon goes and clearly far more preferable to picking up the actual virus, which if your in your early 40's could give you a proper kicking.
Wind your neck in. The anger on this place over a simple conversation is pathetic

:lol: Ha'way man. I'm not sure how you're detecting anger from that message.

I just told you to get a grip about getting the vaccine as you know of a few people who felt rough for a short period following getting it.

Anyway. Have actually just looked. Nearest one is Newcastle or Hawes. The latter is probably quite handy for you but I think I'll wait.

If your choice is now or when you feel like it later, then it does not change the risk (which is very very low), so just get on with it.

I know I have to go. Poss like the OP (who was immediately branded an evil anti vaxxer such is this forum) and putting it off.
I responded to the OP mate because has been posting similar , looking for bites in the last few weeks, don’t take it personal he is s WUM. Also , just for balance I have had it , all of my extended family have had it ( daughter had it this morning) , serious side effects , no one had had any , I don’t class feeling tired and fluey for a couple of hours the next morning or having a sore arm , serious side effects.

But getting it now will help things get back to normal that touch quicker lets say if there was a small surge
Absolutely. We just need as many of of the population vaccinated as soon as possible.

I find it odd that those who think the government don't want us getting back to a normal life as soon as possible (I can't see a reason why they wouldn't), also seem to be the ones pushing for the ignoring of all the preventative methods (lockdowns, social distancing etc) and vaccinations - which are the very things that will make lockdown and the life of the virus last longer.

Absolutely. We just need as many of of the population vaccinated as soon as possible.

I find it odd that those who think the government don't want us getting back to a normal life as soon as possible (I can't see a reason why they wouldn't), also seem to be the ones pushing for the ignoring of all the preventative methods (lockdowns, social distancing etc) and vaccinations - which are the very things that will make lockdown and the life of the virus last longer.

It is a bit mad isn’t it. In their minds I suppose, the deaths are either worth it, or somehow wouldn’t happen?

It is a bit mad isn’t it. In their minds I suppose, the deaths are either worth it, or somehow wouldn’t happen?
To be fair, this thread (as is usually the case on either this one or the politics one) has been completely derailed.

Back