has anyone turned the vaccine down

Which is the danger and why articles like that are published.

It's not scaremongering, it's a possible outcome that needs to be considered and published so that people don't get too relaxed and let their guard down
It's absolutely scaremongering - if they want to publish articles on all possible outcomes we will be living in fear for the rest of their lives. Maybe stick to the facts instead of trying to sell advertising space and fill column inches.

Just to put this out there

A total of 1.4 million people died from TB in 2019 (including 208 000 people with HIV). Worldwide, TB is one of the top 10 causes of death and the leading cause from a single infectious agent (above HIV/AIDS).
  • In 2019, an estimated 10 million people fell ill with tuberculosis(TB) worldwide. 5.6 million men, 3.2 million women and 1.2 million children. TB is present in all countries and age groups. But TB is curable and preventable.
  • In 2019, 1.2 million children fell ill with TB globally. Child and adolescent TB is often overlooked by health providers and can be difficult to diagnose and treat.
  • In 2019, the 30 high TB burden countries accounted for 87% of new TB cases. Eight countries account for two thirds of the total, with India leading the count, followed by Indonesia, China, the Philippines, Pakistan, Nigeria, Bangladesh and South Africa.
  • Multidrug-resistant TB (MDR-TB) remains a public health crisis and a health security threat. A global total of 206 030 people with multidrug- or rifampicin-resistant TB (MDR/RR-TB) were detected and notified in 2019, a 10% increase from 186 883 in 2018.
  • Globally, TB incidence is falling at about 2% per year and between 2015 and 2019 the cumulative reduction was 9%. This was less than half way to the End TB Strategy milestone of 20% reduction between 2015 and 2020.
  • An estimated 60 million lives were saved through TB diagnosis and treatment between 2000 and 2019.
  • Ending the TB epidemic by 2030 is among the health targets of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Anyone know why in the same year there were fuck all restrictions and I don't recall hearing it mentioned in the news.... Also killed more Children than Covid 19 has..... Do old lives 80 + matter more than a child living in Africa while the wealthy Western nations rape and pillage all the natural resources of the same country?
Do you really not understand the difference?

In 2019, there were 5.132 reported cases of TB [1] in the UK. To put that in context, things are looking good on the covid case front at the moment. There were more covid cases, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday this week than TB cases in the whole of 2019.

The report doesn't include deaths, however out of the 4,165 cases in England in 2018, 267 had died by the time of the report. TB is a long term treatment and it doesn't say how many died from other causes in that time. So 5.4% of cases died, lets assume that at the same rate 277 people from those 2019 cases will die. That is just under the number of deaths on the 27th February this year (290), which was a low death day for the average at the time.

In the UK, TB is very small, Covid isn't.

One reason why we don't suffer from TB is because of vaccination.

You may as well vomit up a load of statistics about crops lost to carrot fly. It is about as comparable.

[1] https://assets.publishing.service.g...HE_TB_Official_Statistics_UK_2000_to_2019.pdf

Last edited:
Do you really not understand the difference?

In 2019, there were 5.132 reported cases of TB [1] in the UK. To put that in context, things are looking good on the covid case front at the moment. There were more covid cases, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday this week than TB cases in the whole of 2019.

The report doesn't include deaths, however out of the 4,165 cases in England in 2018, 267 had died by the time of the report. TB is a long term treatment and it doesn't say how many died from other causes in that time. So 5.4% of cases died, lets assume that at the same rate 277 people from those 2019 cases will die. That is just under the number of deaths on the 27th February this year (290), which was a low death day for the average at the time.

In the UK, TB is very small, Covid isn't.

One reason why we don't suffer from TB is because of vaccination.

You may as well vomit up a load of statistics about crops lost to carrot fly. It is about as comparable.

[1] https://assets.publishing.service.g...HE_TB_Official_Statistics_UK_2000_to_2019.pdf
You can't grasp the point I'm making I'm talking about TB world wide in comparison to Covid worldwide as both are viral as well as both are respiratory. You come across as one of these people who "if I'm alright Jack" everyone else can F off!

You can't grasp the point I'm making I'm talking about TB world wide in comparison to Covid worldwide as both are viral as well as both are respiratory. You come across as one of these people who "if I'm alright Jack" everyone else can F off!
No, I've just no idea why you are making the comparison.

You asked why we didn't lockdown for TB. It is because it is not really an issue in this country. Covid is.

Agreed the first world should be doing more to help the third world with TB vaccinations. But the general thing is vaccination good and is the way out of another global problem (not classified as a pandemic by the WHO). However TB is a complete tangent.

If I have missed it, what point are you trying to make here?

What exactly is your point?
I'm struggling with that one, he asked "Anyone know why in the same year there were fuck all restrictions and I don't recall hearing it mentioned in the news", so I answered - it is not an issue in the UK. So I got ranted at for being a selfish twat! Seems a bit random and angry.

TB isn’t a virus.
The point I'm making is valid
TB isn’t a virus.
The point I'm making is still just as valid as it global pandemic that kills millions yearly and is a respiratory infection that is spread in a very similar way.
Some can be infected for it lie dormant for years, therefore the amount of global TB infections could be even greater than recored figures. You will also find many of those with TB are also being infected by Covid, as well as delayed treatment for their TB similar to those here in the UK awaiting a cancer diagnosis as well as delayed treatment

The point I'm making is valid

The point I'm making is still just as valid as it global pandemic that kills millions yearly and is a respiratory infection that is spread in a very similar way.
Some can be infected for it lie dormant for years, therefore the amount of global TB infections could be even greater than recored figures. You will also find many of those with TB are also being infected by Covid, as well as delayed treatment for their TB similar to those here in the UK awaiting a cancer diagnosis as well as delayed treatment

I did read somewhere that more than 250,000 of the TB casualties also had HIV. Also they are trying to eradicate TB (and malaria which kills even more i think) but it takes time and money and it is left to groups like the Gates foundation.

Back