Harvey Weinstein

Innocent of what though? All the many allegations? Loads of women coming out with different stuff ...him kind of admitting some of it...unlikely there's much innocent about it! :lol:
He's obviously sleazy as fuck man. He's also currently in sex therapy. Unlikely he'd be doing that if he was innocent
Wonder what goes on in sex therapy?

What I don't understand; Rose McGowan says she was raped by Weinstein, and that she reported this to Amazon who did nothing.

Surely you report a rape to the police, and not Amazon?

How could Amazon have done anything if she didn't report it to the authorities?
How the fuck do you know she didn't report it to the police? Secondly, if she didn't, what does that mean to you?

Still innocent then. Not sure of your point.

Innocent until proven guilty.
Innocent in the eyes of the law mate. That's different to being innocent. Had you asked if he'd been found guilty in court you would have gotten a different reply.

It's a fact that he's certainly guilty of sexual harassment and/or inappropriate behaviour to women. His pay outs and statements from his representation confirm that.

I know it is difficult when someone is sexually assaulted, and people react in different ways, but look at all of the self-righteous people who everyday are outspoken about how everybody else is doing everything wrong, people who were not victims but were clearly aware of things that had happened, and they did not say a single f***ing word in public. Why? Because the Hollywood luvvies were more worried about damaging their careers than calling out a possible Jimmy Savile type character.

I think the thing that many people do not realise is that there is an endemic situation not just in entertainment circles, but in politics and business and all aspects of the media, where the line between people having fun and outright coercion is frequently blurred. Relationships and careers are also frequently blurred. If people knew the reality even in the UK media of the level of use of sex workers, they would be staggered. If they knew some of the people that use them, they would probably fall off their chair backwards.

Now it is arguable whether use of sex workers is acceptable in liberal eyes. I personally think it is most often a form of oppression, often bonded by chemical slavery to drugs. But some may regard it a liberating method of making a living. However, I really do find the uber-liberal a worrying development in modern society, as so often it seems to be used as a cover for pretty bad behaviour. People need to understand that sexual abuse has no politics and often no personality. And everyone must do everything they can to SPEAK OUT when they find it.
Its easy to say when you haven't trained for a career for years and years, get your one big break and one man, a beast, controls that big break. Not sure what I'd do myself in that situation - people have kids and families to consider. The path of least resistance is to go along with it. The repercussions of doing anything else are pretty terrifying.

Harvey Weinstein is 100% to blame. Not his victims.

Innocent of what though? All the many allegations? Loads of women coming out with different stuff ...him kind of admitting some of it...unlikely there's much innocent about it! :lol:
He's obviously sleazy as fuck man. He's also currently in sex therapy. Unlikely he'd be doing that if he was innocent

Unlikely maybe but as it stands still innocent.

Innocent in the eyes of the law mate. That's different to being innocent. Had you asked if he'd been found guilty in court you would have gotten a different reply.

It's a fact that he's certainly guilty of sexual harassment and/or inappropriate behaviour to women. His pay outs and statements from his representation confirm that.

payouts dont confirm guilt. they stop a trial

Its easy to say when you haven't trained for a career for years and years, get your one big break and one man, a beast, controls that big break. Not sure what I'd do myself in that situation - people have kids and families to consider. The path of least resistance is to go along with it. The repercussions of doing anything else are pretty terrifying.

Harvey Weinstein is 100% to blame. Not his victims.

I am not talking about the victims though, I am talking about the likes of George Clooney who strides around with his human rights fighting lawyer wife, who pontificates to the world on any number of matters, yet was apparently completely aware of Weinstein's alleged behaviour not for weeks, not for months, and not even for years, but for DECADES and said absolutely nothing about it. It is just plain hypocrisy.

I am not talking about the victims though, I am talking about the likes of George Clooney who strides around with his human rights fighting lawyer wife, who pontificates to the world on any number of matters, yet was apparently completely aware of Weinstein's alleged behaviour not for weeks, not for months, and not even for years, but for DECADES and said absolutely nothing about it. It is just plain hypocrisy.
Quentin Tarantino admitted he knew about this shit too. Where the fuck are the backbones of these successful people? Assholes.

No idea about individual cases but a man of that standing can't go public on rumours

Quentin Tarantino admitted he knew about this shit too. Where the fuck are the backbones of these successful people? Assholes.

I think another aspect is that if the light was truly shone on Hollywood, a few very well known 'actors' and 'actresses' may be revealed to have got their big breaks through complicit sexual transactions. The idea of performers winning their roles in blockbusters on acting merit is certainly largely a fantasy. I don't think Dame Judy Dench had suck anyone off to get the role of M, but there are a few people of questionable acting ability that have clearly been fast tracked to success.

No idea about individual cases but a man of that standing can't go public on rumours

But we are talking about things that people had seen as a matter of course when being around the guy, and things that were so well known they were taken for granted by people mixing in those circles. When you have that many allegations and you can corroborate it through your own experience, and you are supposed to be out there representing the industry's battle against the sexual oppression of women across the world with your human rights lawyer wife, is it not hypocritical to keep your mouth completely buttoned shut?

I am wondering if someone is going to finally start naming names in the Corey Haim debacle.

Last edited:
Unlikely maybe but as it stands still innocent.

payouts dont confirm guilt. they stop a trial
Him admitting he's behaved inappropriately through his representation confirms guilt you knacker.

I'm not commenting on the rape allegations, but there's no doubt that he used his position to exploit women into sex. Whether or not that is a crime or not I don't know, he's certainly guilty of being shady as fuck though.

Him admitting he's behaved inappropriately through his representation confirms guilt you knacker.

I'm not commenting on the rape allegations, but there's no doubt that he used his position to exploit women into sex. Whether or not that is a crime or not I don't know, he's certainly guilty of being shady as fuck though.

I agree with that. Just pointing out that he is still innocent until proven.

I agree with that. Just pointing out that he is still innocent until proven.

There's enough there for him to be condemned by the court of public opinion.

I don't think even @ProfessionalMackem would suggest it was all a bullshit conspiracy.

Whether he's tried and found guilty is only relevant to accusations of rape or sexual assault. Even without that there's enough for him to be pilloried by the population.

Your assertion was

"Funny how loads of the Hollywood luvvies bleat on about Trump yet stuff like this is going on and loads seem to know about it but say nothing."

My comments were pointing out that in the case of Trump they were "bleating on" about something that he had admitted to on camera, while the "knowing stuff was going on" is a completely different situation altogether.

In fact they didnt "know stuff was going on" they were aware of many rumours and reputations, it is only recently that the rumours have been substantiated and those luvvies started "bleating on" about that too. Its in the open, its not legally actionable and speaking about it isnt going to prejudice any legal proceedings in either direction. Its only now that you can really draw any parallel between this situation and the trump situation and everyone is appalled.

That's all I said, your trying to reframe my post to indicate I considered the whole thing just a rumour was obviously daft, as is throwing in another unrelated nugget about Roman Polanski.

Told you loads knew what was going on.

When have ever offered an opinion on milos sexual assault or the person who assaulted him?

You're very easily confused by this i see.
As a result of him being sexually assaulted you caled him nonce and a protector of nonces.

His comments were a result of his sexual assault. These womens lack of comments, for years, were a result of their sexual assaults/harassment. I think you're either easily confused or a massive hypocrite

I think another aspect is that if the light was truly shone on Hollywood, a few very well known 'actors' and 'actresses' may be revealed to have got their big breaks through complicit sexual transactions. The idea of performers winning their roles in blockbusters on acting merit is certainly largely a fantasy. I don't think Dame Judy Dench had suck anyone off to get the role of M, but there are a few people of questionable acting ability that have clearly been fast tracked to success.

But we are talking about things that people had seen as a matter of course when being around the guy, and things that were so well known they were taken for granted by people mixing in those circles. When you have that many allegations and you can corroborate it through your own experience, and you are supposed to be out there representing the industry's battle against the sexual oppression of women across the world with your human rights lawyer wife, is it not hypocritical to keep your mouth completely buttoned shut?

I am wondering if someone is going to finally start naming names in the Corey Haim debacle.
Again, I'm not sure of the circumstances so i won't judge anyone except the perpetrator.

Not even the co-abused is naming names in the corey haim scandal so i doubt anyone else will come forward.

Back