Hartlepool United

That first goal yesterday was embarrassing.

We're going nowhere except down unless things change but there doesn't seem to be any urgency to do so.

Decent players and managers cost money but Raj doesn't seem keen to put his hand in his pocket.

Darlo fans warned us but at the time it seemed like sour grapes. I miss those matches with Darlo but I hoped the next time we played them wouldn't be in non-league footy.
Everything crossed for you. Now I live in the town I speak to a fair few Pools fans and have a soft spot for them. Seeing the away fans and stuff in pubs on a match day is great, and important for the economy. Plenty time to stay up.

Saw this yesterday, reading that tweet and this thread has been quite eye-opening. Didnt realise quite how.bad things had got
A professional football club turning up without a physio is scandalous 😳

We're going nowhere except down unless things change but there doesn't seem to be any urgency to do so.

Decent players and managers cost money but Raj doesn't seem keen to put his hand in his pocket.

Darlo fans warned us but at the time it seemed like sour grapes. I miss those matches with Darlo but I hoped the next time we played them wouldn't be in non-league footy.
You’d think after you got back in the league that they’d fight tooth & nail to stay there

Last edited:
Problem is the players they’ve brought in don’t look up to L2 standard. Missing the likes of sterry and Crawford but the squad they have isn’t nowhere near as the one they had last season.

Heartbreaking reading this about a club I’ve always had a soft spot for.
Will be coming up again in April and as always look forward to it. This could have been us, just count ourselves very lucky we escaped by the finest of margins. Can only hope you get some luck and new ownership to save your league status.
Football Fair Play - Never existed.
Second half they looked better than Crewe or Colchester did recently.

Certainly not a completely lost cause imvho.

Doing well Mate.
Without doubt this is the weakest league two for some time.

Last edited:
Signing Maguire was stupid. They needed someone to provide an immediate impact and he still hasn’t played. Not having a physio with them for an actual game is shameful.

Signing Maguire was stupid. They needed someone to provide an immediate impact and he still hasn’t played. Not having a physio with them for an actual game is shameful.
Im astonished its permitted? Head injuries etc etc!!!
With the greatest respect to pools Mcguire being there is testament to his lack of profesionalism!

Last edited:
South Shields are in great position
Yes they are, but what I meant was that their momentum has stalled a bit after three successive promotions, the last one being in 2018. Admittedly two of the four seasons in the NPL were cancelled due to Covid, but if they don't go up this season, is there a danger the owner might lose interest?

Darlo won three promotions in four seasons but have stagnated in the National League North since 2016 (though they are looking a possibility for promotion this year).

Maguire signing was refused by the football league. Pools said a while back that his contract offer had been taken off the table.

Complete farce all round tbh.

Id be gutted if they went down.

My best mates and a lot of sons mates are pools daft. I know we watch some shite but it takes a special comitment following a club like that home n away. Huge respect to fans like that.

This 100% and don’t I know it.
if ever you get downbeat think there are plenty of other clubs fans suffering more than you.

A professional football club turning up without a physio is scandalous 😳

You’d think after you got back in the league that they’d fight tooth & nail to stay there
Should never have won play off final.

Var they would have lost.

Most corrupt ref that day.

Hope they rot back to non league and lower levels soon.

Sure Stelling will support his local London team then just like the Helen Chamberlain cling on fame to Torquay back in the day. Good riddance to them both. And Hartlepoool

Back