Handed My Notice In

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really moved back, I’m still in Germany but we have a base to go to. MRS GJ has taken a job in Catterick and, hopefully, I’ll be moving back within the next few months. We are forced to move back because of the Army moving all of the troops back by 2019.

Give me a shout if you are near the Paderborn/Gütersloh area of Germany on your travels.
I was in Gutersloh when I came up with my imaginitive username (attached to 26RA):lol:

Good for you mate
Me and the wife moved to the Highlands in the summer
Tomorrow is my last day of gardening leave and I plan on spending the rest of the winter watching wildlife

Good luck with your trip

Life really is too short
Excellent...Happy St Andrews Day!!

Not trying to be negative but do you like cold weather? You're setting off travelling in Europe in late winter / early spring. Going down under in their winter and off to the States around Autumn time :)

I would have a rejig myself but good luck.
New England in the Fall is a big draw and we're both pretty fair skinned and hot weather doesn't agree with us!!

Beat you on both counts
22 days and ditched the bitch. :p

Should be casting off in spring

:lol:

Excellent mate. Do I take it from your turn of phrase that you are sailing off into the sunset?
Sure am. Well at first I'm sailing off into the sunrise. Norway, Sweden and the Baltic for my first season (hence waiting for spring LOL)

Sure am. Well at first I'm sailing off into the sunrise. Norway, Sweden and the Baltic for my first season (hence waiting for spring LOL)
Brilliant...my Dad always wanted to do something similar...sail around the UK but, unfortunately, he never did.

Not saying that it's the driver for our trip but it entered our thoughts

Brilliant...my Dad always wanted to do something similar...sail around the UK but, unfortunately, he never did.

Not saying that it's the driver for our trip but it entered our thoughts
If I keep going as far as the 'South till the butter's soft and turn left' I'll need some hands on the Cape Verde to Barbados leg?

good luck to you!

But what job do you do if your notice period ends in Feb 2018?!
I gave a years notice on a job. My last job was expected at least 6 weeks notice but I gave 3 months to help

Be careful @Porridge you never know what’s round the corner. didn't a poster of on here win the lottery or strike it big with a business deal but less than a week later couldn’t afford 2 litres of petrol.

Last edited:
I gave a years notice on a job. My last job was expected at least 6 weeks notice but I gave 3 months to help

Be careful @Porridge you never know what’s round the corner. didn't a poster of on here win the lottery or strike it big with a business deal but less than a week later couldn’t afford 2 litres of petrol.
We haven't won the lottery or anything and the wife is Scottish so the budget is tight!! :lol:

We've planned this for the last 6 months and everything is now in place for us to go so we're going for it

We haven't won the lottery or anything and the wife is Scottish so the budget is tight!! :lol:

We've planned this for the last 6 months and everything is now in place for us to go so we're going for it
Good luck.
Me and the missus planned moving overseas for around a year and in the end we decided to stop dragging it out and both handed our notice in. It soon gave us the kick up the arse we needed.

Good luck.
Me and the missus planned moving overseas for around a year and in the end we decided to stop dragging it out and both handed our notice in. It soon gave us the kick up the arse we needed.
I know what you mean. We've planned this for the last 6 months to get everything into place and now that I've handed my notice in it has become thrillingly real!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back