Handed My Notice In

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds fantastic that. I'm sure you'll have an amazing time.

The missus and I are considering doing such a thing when our kids have finally buggered off.
It took us being a bit unwell to kick-start this so don't wait for that!!!

Brilliant, well done.
I found having a handy little countdown timer opening on my screen every morning helped. I even made a spreadsheet that took holidays into account.:lol:
Logon or register to see this image
I've got a countdown app on my phone...91 days, 6 hours, 7 minutes 35 seconds as I type this!!

Well, done mate. Life's for living, not for being tied to a desk. You do right, you never know what's waiting round the corner healthwise. I found this out myself recently, and all the money in the world won't help you, in some health situations. Fuckin rip it up, bud.

As one of my mates said...there's no pockets in a shroud!! :lol:

Last edited:

It took us being a bit unwell to kick-start this so don't wait for that!!!

I've got a countdown app on my phone...91 days, 6 hours, 7 minutes 35 seconds as I type this!!

As one of my mates said...there's no pockets in a shroud!! :lol:
:lol:
It became a standing joke. Whenever anyone phoned from another office it was the first question they asked. Maybe they just wanted rid of me.

This is a reply to @---Nemo--- too

First stage is driving around Europe for a few months

The 2nd stage is Singapore/Hong/Kong/Australia & New Zealand

Last leg is USA/Canada the aim to come back from New York to Southampton on the Queen Mary 2

That's one thing I'm confident of...no regrets!!
Very envious! Enjoy!!

Cheers..had to share the joy :lol:
Don’t blame you mate, shout it from the roof tops!:cool:

Brilliant, well done.
I found having a handy little countdown timer opening on my screen every morning helped. I even made a spreadsheet that took holidays into account.:lol:
Logon or register to see this image
A tomato, Filofax, paracetamol and a pile cushion on your desk....what kind of deviant are you???

Last edited:
:lol: women & navigation.... :eek: two words that are absolutely and totally mutually exclusive from each each other! :lol:
You're not wrong...we were driving through Leicester just after we met and we were driving to a pub and she told me to turn left. I duly turned left to which she said "not that left...the other one" while pointing to the right :lol:

Sounds fantastic. Have you both got your health issues sorted out now?
We're not too bad; I still have the odd bad day with my stomach but nothing that I can't cope with and she has similar problems but nothing we can't cope with. We just feel that while we are relatively healthy we should go for it! Thanks for asking

Sounds tremendous that mate, well done & enjoy, would love to do something like this myself, what sort of timescale & budget are you looking at out of interest?

Sounds tremendous that mate, well done & enjoy, would love to do something like this myself, what sort of timescale & budget are you looking at out of interest?

The intention is to be away 9-12 months depending on funds, health and enjoyment (can't see the last being a problem but you never know!!)

Budget is around £20k. We're not slumming it by any means but the only criteria for accommodation that I was given by she who must be obeyed was that it had to have a private bathroom which meant no hostels. That said there are some cheap apartments out there (paying as little as £14/night in Croatia!)

We have planned it and have a basic itinerary but the beauty is that we can rip it up if we want to do something different

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back