Hales and Stokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Police have made another appeal for witnesses. Seems they're still a long way from a decision.

Fuck sake man, can't see this getting sorted before The Ashes now :evil:.

Any legal experts shed light on this development? Two blokes in their 20's who they're looking to come forward as witnesses - could this be the two that were victims of homophobic abuse?

If nobody comes forward, is this good or bad for Ben? Or will the police have to close the case through a lack of evidence?

I love the holier than thou stuff.

I'm the last person you'll see in a fight; I'm often peacemaker! But if I had a bottle waved in my face after someone has been receiving homophobic abuse, I can't say I'd know the exact point I'd stop windmilling before it becomes "too much".

Very easy for folk to sit in ivory towers slating Stokes for carrying on, but I'd say most people would've been fuming and wouldn't have known how to rein it in.

There's some canny hard bastards on here tbf. If there was some pissed knacker waving a bottle in my direction you wouldn't see me for dust :lol:

as you know i'm a fairly ardent DCCC fan.

ben stokes has, to my knowledge been arrested but let go once after a night out, been sent home from a lions tour for breaking curfew out drinking, smashed a locker nacking his hand in the process, got involved with on field aggro with windies before, got enough demrit points to now be one more away from a ban as well as now this, and the harvey video [whatever your views of that it is hardly good press is it].
How many cricketers have hit something or chucked something in the dressing room out of frustration after getting out or whatever. Loads.

Who was the cricketer who threw his bat through the dressing room window at Lords ... and at the time everyone just had a laugh at it?

For me, adding this into a list to show Stokes in a bad light is a bit much. You might as well add about him looking at people in a funny way.

So you've got - being sent home from a Lions tour 4 years ago when he was 21 and now this latest incident, which we'll see how it turns out once the polis have found a witness or two.

How many cricketers have hit something or chucked something in the dressing room out of frustration after getting out or whatever. Loads.

Who was the cricketer who threw his bat through the dressing room window at Lords ... and at the time everyone just had a laugh at it?

For me, adding this into a list to show Stokes in a bad light is a bit much. You might as well add about him looking at people in a funny way.

So you've got - being sent home from a Lions tour 4 years ago when he was 21 and now this latest incident, which we'll see how it turns out once the polis have found a witness or two.

i don't think the members underneath the shower of glass from the dressing room window were laughin about prior doing it at the time.

it's not the biggest issue i grant you but it is just another point of 'lacking control/anger issues.

i'm fairly sure this isn't the first time he's been held after a night out, but i can't find the details.

Strangely enoug when I posted this:

Arrested in 2011 for obstructing the police
Sent home from Australia in 2013 for being pissed on duty
Guilty of speeding 4 times in a year and threatened with jail if it happened once more in 6 months
Breaking his hand punching a locker in anger and missing games because of it.
Apologizing for taking the piss out of a disabled kid.
Bristolgate

Yo accepted he got involved in more stuff than you thought. You are now back to pretending they didn't happen.

Guilty of speeding 4 times in a year and threatened with jail if it happened once more in 6 months
Bristolgate

Yo accepted he got involved in more stuff than you thought. You are now back to pretending they didn't happen.
Fair point.

It was those highlighted that I didn't know about .....

But I'd give him a break with the stuff when he was younger and the locker room tantrum ..... and I'm still not getting my pitchfork out and if he's found guilty by the plod still happy for whatever punishment he receives for it to be handed down by the magistrates.

Fair point.

It was those highlighted that I didn't know about .....

But I'd give him a break with the stuff when he was younger and the locker room tantrum ..... and I'm still not getting my pitchfork out and if he's found guilty by the plod still happy for whatever punishment he receives for it to be handed down by the magistrates.

I think the locker room tantrum, the Samuel's stuff, the demerit points are all nothing at all in isolation but in conjunction with the other things it does build a picture of him being a bit of a knacker. If a lesser cricketer or even a Warner had done all these things do you think he would be getting such a robust defence on here? Hes a great cricketer, a Durham lad (well sort of) but he has issues.

I think the locker room tantrum, the Samuel's stuff, the demerit points are all nothing at all in isolation but in conjunction with the other things it does build a picture of him being a bit of a knacker. If a lesser cricketer or even a Warner had done all these things do you think he would be getting such a robust defence on here? Hes a great cricketer, a Durham lad (well sort of) but he has issues.

The Samuels stuff? what? :confused::confused:

ffs man. talk about clutching at straws and spin things that have fuck all to do with him.

The Samuels stuff? what? :confused::confused:

ffs man. talk about clutching at straws and spin things that have fuck all to do with him.

OK fair enough but rather than looking to micro defend a hero that has a history of incidents you might do well to recognise that he continues to fuck up.

Arrested in 2011 for obstructing the police - (well they shouldn't have been in his way)
Sent home from Australia in 2013 for being pissed on duty - (just had a few beers whats wrong with that)
Guilty of speeding 4 times in a year and threatened with jail if it happened once more in 6 months - (he didn't do it 5 times - that shows restraint)
Breaking his hand punching a locker in anger and missing games because of it. - (not that unusual / mans sport after all)
Apologizing for taking the piss out of a disabled kid - (he might have apologized but lots of people do that its nowt)
Bristolgate - (well what would you do if there was someone with a bottle)

Nothing is clutching at straws, not collectively anyway although I expect you can look at each of these things and make a defence for them as you worship him as a cricketer. They are things that happened. You can either take the view that that is normal or you can take the view that this isn't normal behaviour and Stokes has problems that he needs to address. If you want to dig your head in the sand feel free but I bet Stokes isn't and come the end of this he will be getting anger management support.

Bristolgate

Sadly, it's going to take something radical, like a spell behind bars, to get BS to grow up. For most people it's getting married and having kids.

Sadly, it's going to take something radical, like a spell behind bars, to get BS to grow up. For most people it's getting married and having kids.

Either that or they are all just coincidences and its easy for us from up in our ivory towers etc ;)

If your own mates say 'say Stokesy that's enough' , if your own mates try and pull you back.

That's tells you a story basically that you have gone too far.

If he did no wrong why were his own mates not encouraging him?

Maybe I am mistaken but I only seen one bloke waving a bottle, yet Stokes going after two, does the other bloke deserve to be wiped out of society purely by association.

If the people defending him and I can see their point of view only admitted he went too far that would make sense.

To actually say he has done nothing wrong at all is ridiculous!
Hales did more wrong and wasn't it not him saying that?

Bristolgate

But but he's a 'class bloke' Johnson I mean @DaveAngel said so. Quite how he knows is anyone's guess mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back