Hales and Stokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ermmm His wife and kids

You should stop being so surprised as I was proved totally right on the stokes issue
His wife is from the other end of the country, his family have all moved back to New Zealand and we don't have a franchise team. Not saying he is going anywhere but if he takes his ball home from England as you are suggesting it does not mean he will start playing with it at Durham.

Ermmm His wife and kids

You should stop being so surprised as I was proved totally right on the stokes issue

Playing sport at international level is about representing your country,the public, the fans, NOT the organisation that runs that sport in that country.

Anybody who decides not to play for their country because a organisation bans them for a period,is totally missing that point.

Packing in is not effecting that organisation just doing a disservice to the thousand of cricket fans who
just want him to play cricket for England.

Therefore anybody who did that imo would be both childish and immature.

Yeah I guessed you would think that way

Last edited:
I don't understand a lot of this 'representing your country' stuff. Of course I'd play for England in a heartbeat and I support them over any other national team, of course, and I take great pleasure when they win but I don't associate it with patriotism. And the England team is, literally, run by and for the ECB.

More so with football, it never tears me up when they get beat. I don't particularly care. Still less for other sports.

This thread has taken a weird turn

He has been found not guilty. We all get that. Everyone gets that

It’s however gone very much “HE DID NOWT WRONG!!!! I WAS RIGHT!!!”

That’s a bit different to not guilty. He got pissed and got in a fight. That’s not professional. I dunno about you all, but I’ve never got in a fight outside a nightclub. And I’m not in the public eye.

I’ve said he’s paid the price already, but let’s not pretend the ECB are to blame for him getting pissed up and getting in a fight. They’re to blame for a f***ing lot, they’re a f***ing load of bellends, but Stokes has to take responsibility for stuff too

I don't understand a lot of this 'representing your country' stuff. Of course I'd play for England in a heartbeat and I support them over any other national team, of course, and I take great pleasure when they win but I don't associate it with patriotism. And the England team is, literally, run by and for the ECB.

More so with football, it never tears me up when they get beat. I don't particularly care. Still less for other sports.

I think the complete opposite tbh and was gutted when England got beat on the semi final of the World Cup.

And when they singing the national anthem before the game the hairs on my neck stick up!

I totally see the national side representing the country and when the national sides do well that is vey good imo

This thread has taken a weird turn

He has been found not guilty. We all get that. Everyone gets that

It’s however gone very much “HE DID NOWT WRONG!!!! I WAS RIGHT!!!”

That’s a bit different to not guilty. He got pissed and got in a fight. That’s not professional. I dunno about you all, but I’ve never got in a fight outside a nightclub. And I’m not in the public eye.

I’ve said he’s paid the price already, but let’s not pretend the ECB are to blame for him getting pissed up and getting in a fight. They’re to blame for a f***ing lot, they’re a f***ing load of bellends, but Stokes has to take responsibility for stuff too

I have never getting into a fight outside a pub either mate and living all my life in Horden and Easington that wasn’t easy :D:D

Last edited:
I think the complete opposite tbh and was gutted when England got beat on the semi final of the World Cup.

And when they singing the national anthem before the game the hairs on my neck stick up!

I totally see the national side representing the country and when the national sides do well that is vey

Just to add …. I don't see supporting England as supporting the ECB. I simply see it as supporting English and I mean County Cricket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back