Gym Supplements

Status
Not open for further replies.
The gym was something I was going to work up to, I thought if i could gain a bit shape and strength at home then go to the gym so i could use the bigger weights and machines.

As I said earlier I would be weak as piss and compared to those who already hammer the gym would probs feel like a tit doing exercises with a quater of the weight they use!

Cheers for the advice BTW

Wouldn't worry about that at all, get yourself to the gym and do what you can do, start light and build up. Concentrate on getting your form right, you will make some pretty quick gains if you follow the full body routine posted earlier on the thread.

SAFCGardian said:
The gym was something I was going to work up to, I thought if i could gain a bit shape and strength at home then go to the gym so i could use the bigger weights and machines.

As I said earlier I would be weak as piss and compared to those who already hammer the gym would probs feel like a tit doing exercises with a quater of the weight they use!

Don't worry about what you're lifting compared to others in the gym, everyone starts somewhere, but you will seen what I mean about the 50kg after your first session. The first time you walk in the gym you will be deadlifting more than that

don't let that bother you I lift lighter weights than even the skinny kids on occasion no one cares, find the biggest meat head in the gym and ask for a bit advice, whether you take the advice doesn't matter but you'll see he's probably a helpful lad and not an angry roid head so you'll be much less self conscious.

I suppose I could have 2 months of the gym for the cost of the equipment I was going to buy. I will start next week or at least go and sign up

Cheers

I suppose I could have 2 months of the gym for the cost of the equipment I was going to buy. I will start next week or at least go and sign up

Cheers

do it mate - weights at home just dont work ... a bit of freindly competition and envy , will make you work that bit harder and reach your goals.

Cheers

If you have much choice try a few different gyms see which one you like the most. Try visiting at the times you would usually go make sure you can get to use the stuff you want to get on.

Cheers

Top tip (serious this time) settle on a routine and write a log:
exercise - weight - no. of reps.
You'll be able to watch your progress. You'll be amazed how quick you increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back