Gym Supplements

Status
Not open for further replies.

safc_graeme

Striker
Right, just need a bit of advice because I just keep going round in circles online.

I bought a bundle from myprotein because it was about £3 more than my normal protein and had loads of stuff in. Basically, I'm just wondering which of these I can take together/when I should be taking them:

Protein (I've got this one covered, I have one shake with breakfast and one post-workout)

Taurine - been taking this pre-workout because I got a sample of it before, but don't know if it's actually any use

Green Tea Extract

CLA

Omega 3

Also got some instant oats, which I'm thinking I'll just have in addition to scrambled eggs for breakfast. I'm also taking a strong caffeine pre-workout supplement that I'd ideally like to keep going with for the time being.

To be quite honest, I only bought the bundle because, like I say, it was £3 more expensive than the protein I was buying anyway, had free delivery and a new shaker, so there's no real harm done if they're all shite, but I thought I might as well give them a go while I've got them.

My goal is essentially lean muscle btw.

Right, just need a bit of advice because I just keep going round in circles online.

I bought a bundle from myprotein because it was about £3 more than my normal protein and had loads of stuff in. Basically, I'm just wondering which of these I can take together/when I should be taking them:

Protein (I've got this one covered, I have one shake with breakfast and one post-workout)

Taurine - been taking this pre-workout because I got a sample of it before, but don't know if it's actually any use

Green Tea Extract

CLA

Omega 3

Also got some instant oats, which I'm thinking I'll just have in addition to scrambled eggs for breakfast. I'm also taking a strong caffeine pre-workout supplement that I'd ideally like to keep going with for the time being.

To be quite honest, I only bought the bundle because, like I say, it was £3 more expensive than the protein I was buying anyway, had free delivery and a new shaker, so there's no real harm done if they're all shite, but I thought I might as well give them a go while I've got them.

Try rubbing snake oil into your guns before a sessoin

safc_graeme said:

Green Tea Extract

CLA

Omega 3

Unless your diet is spot on they'll make very little difference, it should be on the bottles when and how many to take.

Hoy the oats in with your whey in the morning.

Green Tea Extract quickens your metabolism = burning more calories
CLA does something like using the fat first to produce energy so it isnt stored in the body but used

Unless your diet is spot on they'll make very little difference, it should be on the bottles when and how many to take.

Hoy the oats in with your whey in the morning.

And there's my breakfast.

out of interest how much per week would you say you're paying for all these extras ?

The protein is around £15/16 and will last around a month. The new stuff is in quite small bottles, so I imagine it would be quite a bit more for that lot if I took it regularly, but I got the bundle for £20. I'll probably never take any of these things again after this lot though, unless they're fantastic.

The lads at work all take Jack 3D before a session, which i never understand. Can't you work hard enough off your own bat, without needing drugs (sorry, safe supplements) to fire you up?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/USP-Jack3D-Raspberry-Lemonade-Powder/dp/B004307D6C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329433854&sr=8-1

Yeah, I've tried that stuff. It's really good and does motivate, but it's lethal. Makes your face go all red and itchy too. It's more to do with muscle power than anything iirc, gives you that "pumped feeling" to go for extra reps.

The protein is around £15/16 and will last around a month. The new stuff is in quite small bottles, so I imagine it would be quite a bit more for that lot if I took it regularly, but I got the bundle for £20. I'll probably never take any of these things again after this lot though, unless they're fantastic.

Yeah, I've tried that stuff. It's really good and does motivate, but it's lethal. Makes your face go all red and itchy too. It's more to do with muscle power than anything iirc, gives you that "pumped feeling" to go for extra reps.
so about £7 a week,just have a mars bar a day and a double decker on friday

Aye a few jack D makes me think I can do more than usual as well mate. ;)

safc_graeme said:
Is BCAA any good? I've never really heard of it to be honest.

It's just protein with minimal calories to be honest. Also helps you recover faster. I rate it

I use scivation xtend

Your protein at breakfast then post workout is spot on mate, just make sure you eat atleast 3 good meals during the day as your protein shake is only there to compliment a good diet.
A good whey protein, CNP pro mass I use like is all you need if your pouching well.

And just always train to your max every set nd you'll be ok, dont always go for the weight just make sure the muscle your training is getting the pump, you know mind over muscle etc.

Most people (me and by the sounds of it, you included) are too keen to get up to three scoops of jack3d that they are put off by the effects.

I hoyed in three scoops and was sweating my tits off with my skin feeling like it was on fire so I didn't take it again. A few weeks later I put in 1.5 scoops and it was spot on.

A normal cuppa brewed for a few minutes is fine for anti oxidants.
theres 4 stages of tea

white
green
oolong
black

the amount of anti oxidants varies, white having the most, black having the least. I'd imagine its pretty minimal though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back