Gym Supplements

Status
Not open for further replies.
you only need to watch 300 and conan the barbarian to see that supplements are not needed , they wernt around for those lads , they got big on BEEF !!!!!

I want to start getting a bit definition in my arms, chest and back. Nowt too big mind, just want to have a bit of shape.
I was going to buy some dumbells to get started on my arms, but I have no idea how heavy to get them. I've never done any weights before so I think ill be weak as piss to start with.
Any advice? Cheers

I want to start getting a bit definition in my arms, chest and back. Nowt too big mind, just want to have a bit of shape.
I was going to buy some dumbells to get started on my arms, but I have no idea how heavy to get them. I've never done any weights before so I think ill be weak as piss to start with.
Any advice? Cheers

a 50 kilos barbell/dumbell set will be more than enough to cover the full range of body exercises, buy an ez bar also for barbell curls , bigger plates can be bought second hand from ebay for next to nowt , when you get stronger . stick to form and no swinging , you can make light weights work for you just aswell as heavy ones.

a 50 kilos barbell/dumbell set will be more than enough to cover the full range of body exercises, buy an ez bar also for barbell curls , bigger plates can be bought second hand from ebay for next to nowt , when you get stronger . stick to form and no swinging , you can make light weights work for you just aswell as heavy ones.

Cheers. Ill have a look at them, i think 50kg sounds heavy but i could always work up to that. Ill also view some vids on youtube to look for the correct form for each exercise.

pickles666 said:
aye later on , for now he's deein his arms. ;)

I suggest he reads this thread which has some canny advice rather than just starting a routine for arms, which is frankly mental

The lads at work all take Jack 3D before a session, which i never understand. Can't you work hard enough off your own bat, without needing drugs (sorry, safe supplements) to fire you up?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/USP-Jack3D-Raspberry-Lemonade-Powder/dp/B004307D6C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329433854&sr=8-1
I have used Jack3d for a while and it is one of the better pre workout shakes for a cheap price. Moved on to Musclepharm assualt or White Flood; a little more expensive but doesn't have as many stimulants in; as you would call them drugs Dave. Was going to try 1MR but the caffeine in that would send me over not drinking coffee.

Depending on goals get a decent diet then I would take Whey, a decent creatine, amino acids. If you are feeling flush get a prework out and maybe a recovery/post workout shake something with glutamine in. This will be covered in your amino acids but if you have a heavy session your glutamine levels can drop real low.

I dont want to get massive or stick to eating x grams of protein per kg of body weight. Thats far too much of a fuck on for me and its not the look that I want. I just want to tone up so I can actually see muscle.
50 KG may sound like fuck all to some peope who have been doing this for a while, but this is the first time I will have ever tried any weights, and I dont want to put myself off for not being able to do them.

SAFCGardian said:
I dont want to get massive or stick to eating x grams of protein per kg of body weight. Thats far too much of a fuck on for me and its not the look that I want. I just want to tone up so I can actually see muscle.
50 KG may sound like fuck all to some peope who have been doing this for a while, but this is the first time I will have ever tried any weights, and I dont want to put myself off for not being able to do them.

Get yourself to the gym and try the full body program I posted earlier in the thread. Just working your arms won't get you results you expect and 50kg really is fuck all to squat, deadlift, bench press or bent over row. You won't get massive for years and years and years so don't worry about that

The gym was something I was going to work up to, I thought if i could gain a bit shape and strength at home then go to the gym so i could use the bigger weights and machines.

As I said earlier I would be weak as piss and compared to those who already hammer the gym would probs feel like a tit doing exercises with a quater of the weight they use!

Cheers for the advice BTW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back