Grigg being poor

Title should read buying injured forwards. Signing Grigg injured especially when we haven't tried to play to his strengths was a bit naive

It is not even a case of hindsight - crying out for a goal scorer, and we then go all out to it purchase an injured player.

I could even possibly accept it more , if it was a panic signing. But Ross was adamant that Grigg was the player he wanted.

Signing a decent attacking midfielder who can create chances will see Grigg doing what he is paid for. He's not going to score with his back to the goal 99 per cent of the time.
He is a proven goalscorer at this level but we are not playing to his strengths at all because we haven't got enough creation throughout the squad

Grigg has been injured since arriving

But do we know this or are we all just guessing?

The owners have built a rep for their transparency this season but I don’t think we’ve had any clarity on this. He certainly plays like he’s injured. Which would mean we signed him as an injured player.

And that doesn’t seem like a good thing to have done. And perhaps explains why we’ve not got clarity from the ownership.

But do we know this or are we all just guessing?

The owners have built a rep for their transparency this season but I don’t think we’ve had any clarity on this. He certainly plays like he’s injured. Which would mean we signed him as an injured player.

And that doesn’t seem like a good thing to have done. And perhaps explains why we’ve not got clarity from the ownership.

Hasn’t been right since he aggravated it hence why he pulled out of NI squad before CT final

Apart from not scoring as most expected he's been excellent. :lol:

Excellent ?

Bloke has been garbage from day 1
f***ing lazy and couldn't give a fuck about my club
Yesterday cemented that

Some thickos about like. Since he's signed no other player has had a hand in more of our goals :lol:

I won't bump numerous posts but haway the bloke is f***ing waste of a shirt number

and it begins

Finished yet ?

Bet ya have deleted ya grigg screensaver

He's played well in every game FFS.

Brill

Last edited:
Excellent ?

Bloke has been garbage from day 1
f***ing lazy and couldn't give a fuck about my club
Yesterday cemented that

I won't bump numerous posts but haway the bloke is f***ing waste of a shirt number

Finished yet ?

Bet ya have deleted ya grigg screensaver

Brill
Bit of a strange bump. He had when I made that post :confused:

It is not even a case of hindsight - crying out for a goal scorer, and we then go all out to it purchase an injured player.

I could even possibly accept it more , if it was a panic signing. But Ross was adamant that Grigg was the player he wanted.
Think Ross wanted Taylor , wasn't it Donald who wanted Grigg ?

Don't think he has any interest being here ! Body language and application horrendous and non existant. Another turd in a big pile we've had over the years of failed 'strikers'

Fair enough but youve highlighted a post I made that at the time of posting was correct. Unless you're pointing out how quickly someone can go downhill ?

Can't remember him playing well in every game as you posted.
Still stick by my original view in February where he needs pockets sewn in his shorts
f***ing pretender

I'm really wanting to like him and do hope he turns the corner soon...But

His closing down is mostly half hearted and just seems like he is always in 3rd gear. I need a lot more from him like. I think he is getting away with a lot because of the name and..... Supporters like me giving him leeway

Needs some pockets sewn into his shorts

Shite up to now

He’s not been right since we signed him tbf, it’s true to say his tenure so far at SAFC has been blighted since - 2-3weeks before we even signed him. He will come good next season i’m Sure( he will have no excuses from the start of next season, he will be where he and we want him to be fitness wise. I thought he looked busy when he came on yesterday, unfortunately he was playing against 3 defenders minimium on his own at occasions. He knows and realizes that other than his rare(like most internationals in fairness) limelight at world cups, he ain’t playing at a Wigan crowd every week(all respect) and he alone can be the reason 38000 turn up every week to grant him his cult status. He will require someone along side him with notable presence to achieve this however. Big season coming up for Grigg’sy, he knows it, and so do we. I have utter faith in him however and believe he just needs a comparable hand in the shape of a pacey 6’ft 2 one with direct aggression and Don goodman hangability in the Air to achieve this.

He will be in the top 3 league 1 scorers next season. He needs us right now like we need him. Ave it! Oh Billy boy the Mackems are calling.....

Back