Grief from strangers for wearing SAFC shirt

Used to proudly wear my ‘bespoke’ FTM cap (with SAFC badges all over it) around Newcastle about 30 yrs ago, many looks and a fair few comments, they didn’t like it too much 🤣

If it was the dad wearing it then he probably deserves a smack for being so f***ing thick.
If it was the son then the attacker is a ****.
I think it was the son wearing the shirt but the dad took the slap. Too far either way imo but aye if an adult does it in either city they’re only doing it to provoke a reaction so can’t complain too much if they get it, and I reckon the dad letting his son wearing it would have also been to provoke one as well.

Any amusing/interesting stories from over the years?

I think this evening might have been the first time I ever had any grief. I was parked in McDonald's (Thinford), eating my burger and a car pulled up a couple of spaces next to me with a bunch of young lads and a lass. Didn't pay any attention, until I heard something hit my side window. Oh, this lad has only gone and thrown his burger at my car, and is now shuffling towards my window dancing and singing about winning the derby 3-0. :lol:

He then stood next to my window and kept tapping it to get my attention, so I put my food down and drove off rather than engage with him. What a numpty.
Total opposite mate
on holiday recently always have my old badge tote bag as my beach bag with me it’s been all over the world, last holiday in December Bayern M fan commented that he loved Safc after watching STID couldn’t get away from him 😂 was great to hear how much he thought we were a great club and excellent fans

Got dropped of at Newcastle airport by a mate a lot of years back. He was wearing a Sunderland home top and the gravy drinkers were straight on him: How yer mackem coont get that fookin cloon ootfit off" 😄

Had to drag him away 😂😂😂

I made the mistake of wearing a home top when nipping out to meet my mates in Hartlepool town centre to go for a bite to eat at a cafe we would meet in now and again (was about 25/30 years ago now). Totally forgot Pools were playing the Mags in a friendly, I got loads of verbal as I walked past one pub with a few lads inside (Pools supporters) I knew laughing their heads off at me. Got to the cafe and a few of them walked past, two of which piled in and started picking up furniture and tried throwing it at me.
Thankfully the cafe owner wasn't small and got rid of them, once it was looking like a bit of a lull in who was around I buggered off back home pretty sharpish.

Summer 2006 I was wearing a shirt out, someone comes up to me and goes “wheeey Sunderland you are going to be relegated” giggling.

I reply “We already have been relegated you stupid cunt” queue a burst of laughter from his mates. Off he fucks.

Got me accent checked in eldon square presumably because both me kids had the yellow vaux samson top on. I forgot we were going to the dark side Argos. Might’ve just been someone genuinely asking for a light.

full

Early 2000's Not me but me mag mate went to first home game in his new gravey stained ganzie and had a few sherbets after the match. Anyway got the last bus home, as lived in cleadon, fell a kip an woke up with the bus driver saying get off me bus. So he staggers off the bus and realises he's on fawcet street. Anyway a couple lads make some remarks and he gets away on his toes and some how ends up out side the train station opposite the taxi rank. Well you can imagine the carry on so off he goes again. Manages to flag a copper down just over the bridge, asks for a lift , but they laugh at him and tell him best run quicker. Gets just past the bowling ally and hears footsteps behind him and the next thing he knows he's walking next to the Grange black an blue and shirtless.
Mind he always ended up in weird situation the daft bugger

I remember being on holiday in Great Yarmouth or summit as a bairn, had me lads top on, pulled into a parking space and a car pulled into the next one, out comes a family each of them in mag tops.

Was a bit bizarre, like what are the chances of that. Anyway the young bairn who must have been about 6 just followed us round the supermarket insulting us 😅. Weird little freak

Back