Grief from strangers for wearing SAFC shirt

2 incidences in my younger years, both in pompey. Some bloke came up to me and said “only Pompey tops round here mate” in the city centre. A taxi driver shouted scummmer c**t out of his car window at me when I was walking back from a game of footy. Not being able to tell the difference between Southampton and Sunderland is their issue I’d say

Was at the metro centre with me nana around 2000, looking in a shop window had a Sunderland top underneath my coat. Two lads punched me in the back and ran off. Turned around and could see one of them had black and white on

Also had the entire Atletico Kolkata management team laughing at how shit Sunderland are in a lift in India, 2016.

We were skiing in Bulgaria and watching our game against Burnley in a bar when we started getting grief from another group (don't actually know whether they were Mags or just general tossers). It started with a few snide comments but then moved on to beer mats and the like starting to get whizzed our way. Got worse as the game went on (which I seem to remember we won, possibly with a Carlos goal?) and was getting very lairy by full-time. Without letting me know, my ex-wife hoyed a drink in their general direction and we had to run like hell through some shopping centre and out into 4ft of snow (it was 8 onto 2). Pissed ourselves laughing but had to hope we wouldn't be recognised for the rest of the trip./

I was in Newcastle not long after the SOL opened. I was approached by a really smart lass asking if I would sign a petition about a new ground replacing Sid James’ Park. I said something along the lines of ‘no thanks, we’ve got ours’ and she went mental. Started screaming at me calling me a mackem çunt and all sorts. I said ooh got the painters in and walked off with her incandescent with rage. They’re as thick as pig shit.
when they wanted to build a new ground on the town moor there would often be a petition to stop it. we must've signed it a canny few times. not just because it was them though tbh. they don't seem to grasp that not every person from newcastle is a football fan.

2 incidences in my younger years, both in pompey. Some bloke came up to me and said “only Pompey tops round here mate” in the city centre. A taxi driver shouted scummmer c**t out of his car window at me when I was walking back from a game of footy. Not being able to tell the difference between Southampton and Sunderland is their issue I’d say
Working on a roof next to an old peoples home in Gosport which is next to Pompey I had an old Sunderland top on. An old man in a wheel chair in the garden of the old people home started shouting scummer at me, a carer wheeled him back inside the home. Fair play to the old fella, if he could have got his wheelchair up the scaffold he would have had me.

I lived in Byker & Walker for years. Wore Safc gear in o'tooles gym, the phoenix boxing gym in the byker wall & byker pool. I had nothing but good hearted banter. I hate the Mags but people in the east end of Newcastle are some of the best people ive ever meet

Went to Newcastle Uni, majority of mags were fine just the usual back-and-forth with them.

Was going to the match one day, walking from my halls on Richardson Road, with a jacket over my top. Must have still been some red and white showing, because a bloke working for the council (or similar) digging the road up stopped his work, raised his shovel over his head and told me to "fuck off back to my own town".

True story, but the only bit of grief I got in 3 years there.

I’ve wore mine through the Metro Centre loads of times..no one’s ever said anything..when the weather improves I’ll be through with me new replica 1978 blue Bob Lee top.

Back