Grief from strangers for wearing SAFC shirt

Any amusing/interesting stories from over the years?

I think this evening might have been the first time I ever had any grief. I was parked in McDonald's (Thinford), eating my burger and a car pulled up a couple of spaces next to me with a bunch of young lads and a lass. Didn't pay any attention, until I heard something hit my side window. Oh, this lad has only gone and thrown his burger at my car, and is now shuffling towards my window dancing and singing about winning the derby 3-0. :lol:

He then stood next to my window and kept tapping it to get my attention, so I put my food down and drove off rather than engage with him. What a numpty.

A grown man tried to throw a milkshake at me in 2007 in Newcastle city centre. I was 13/14 and had been to Wet n Wild and got off in the toon wearing the blue third kit (think we only wore it in Irish pre season). Canny weird looking back

I think this evening might have been the first time I ever had any grief. I was parked in McDonald's (Thinford), eating my burger and a car pulled up a couple of spaces next to me with a bunch of young lads and a lass. Didn't pay any attention, until I heard something hit my side window. Oh, this lad has only gone and thrown his burger at my car, and is now shuffling towards my window dancing and singing about winning the derby 3-0. :lol:

He then stood next to my window and kept tapping it to get my attention, so I put my food down and drove off rather than engage with him. What a numpty.
Did u have your cock out ? And were u doing a five knuckle shuffle??

Not a shirt but I used to wear a red and white tie and did jobs in Newcastle city centre (we had to wear a tie for some reason even though it could potentially get trapped in equipment and we were completely overdressed for the job anyway). So anyway in one rough as toast bar some alco geordie mush was heckling me while I was trying to fix the equipment, he announced to the bar 'thats a mackem tie, do you work for Niall Quinn?' 🤣. Another potentially more serious situation I was working on equipment behind the bar in Newcastle China town, two blokes were again heckling me, Sunderland tie, are you CID, you're not mackem CID are you. Was going to be cheeky but the owner stopped me, do you know who they are? Nah, it's the Sayers 🤣

Nee way!? :eek:
Aye, I couldn't believe it. Some weird folk out there on a Friday night. Mind it's between Spennymoor and Ferryhill, so maybe I shouldn't be surprised.
A grown man tried to throw a milkshake at me in 2007 in Newcastle city centre. I was 13/14 and had been to Wet n Wild and got off in the toon wearing the blue third kit (think we only wore it in Irish pre season). Canny weird looking back
That's mental.

They’d have done fuck all if they were on their own. Whoppers.

Sometimes people ask for it like🤣. We had a really good spell where we beat them twats then there was a Panini premier league sticker swap shop at Sid James shortly after, typically the bairn went in full safc strip, got a photo outside Sid James gates with the obligatory 4/5/6 (delete as appropriate) in a row hand signals. Our lass says there were vans beeping and people shouting out of the window and all sorts🤣

This was similar to me. When we beat Stoke in 2005 and got the trophy, I was travelling home via Newcastle central. A tiny bit of my shirt was showing and someone threw a Burger King coke at me 😀

Back