Greg Docherty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Only worrying thing to me is that the Shrewsbury fans rated him and Donald Love as being good players, and Donald Love was dog shit.
Plays as a wing back for them in a 5 man defence from what I can see, we constantly played him in a 4 man defence and against better players.

Similar to Hume maybe. Hume looks shite in a 4 man defence but as a wing back he looks very good.

I didn't write anyone off, I just stated that we didn't need anymore small players, because I mistakenly thought he was a short arse, and we play in a division full of strong physical players, simple as that, If the lad turns out to be good then fine, but the last few little Scotsmen we've had flying about the pitch tends to suggest, they struggled in this division, hope he proves me wrong.
He is a short arse but he is also strong and physical. Plus he’s tried and tested in this league, it’s not the same as the punt taken on McGeouch (who I admit I thought would be class) for example.

Only worrying thing to me is that the Shrewsbury fans rated him and Donald Love as being good players, and Donald Love was dog shit.

Exactly the point I made earlier in the thread and I got slated for it and that's regardless of the fact I actually saw Doherty play live several times at Shrewsbury last season.

Plays as a wing back for them in a 5 man defence from what I can see, we constantly played him in a 4 man defence and against better players.

Similar to Hume maybe. Hume looks shite in a 4 man defence but as a wing back he looks very good.

Hume looked promising whenever he played even when he had poor games.
Fair enough Love was against much better opposition but his touch and control was terrible and he never did anything that made me think he would be a player.

Debatable and a matter of opinion whether it’s actually due

Responding to my comments on Dobson, yes.
Stop being negative man. Some on here are just tedious and I doubt if they are SAFC fans or even go to games.

I wanst impressed with Dobson early in the season but he has been excellent the last few games. Anyone who doesnt gve him credit is just on a negativity agenda.

No, the response was to your analogy, was is completely independent of Dobson. The analogy was also about Doherty, as far as I'm aware?

No it was about Dobson, who it’s well documented that I think is shit. I have no opinion of Doherty as I don’t know him
Stop being negative man. Some on here are just tedious and I doubt if they are SAFC fans or even go to games.

I wanst impressed with Dobson early in the season but he has been excellent the last few games. Anyone who doesnt gve him credit is just on a negativity agenda.

oh right so anyone that doesn’t agree with your opinion on a player (which has swung more than the labour vote in the past month orso) must be on a windup as you are definitely correct. All of this of course in contrast to the manager that you now presumably thing is Parkiola due to winning 3 games who is clearly planning to replace who he sees as a weak link in the squad.

Last edited:
No it was about Dobson, who it’s well documented that I think is shit. I have no opinion of Doherty as I don’t know him

oh right so anyone that doesn’t agree with your opinion on a player (which has swung more than the labour vote in the past month orso) must be on a windup as you are definitely correct. All of this of course in contrast to the manager that you now presumably thing is Parkiola due to winning 3 games who is clearly planning to replace who he sees as a weak link in the squad.
Ah well in that case, we're at crossed wires!

Dont let him wind ya up mate,MOM in a lot of recent games .This type always need a whipping boy

I wasnt critical of the manager becuase like most sensible supporters they realised he had come into a difficult situation and needed some time to sort things out. However, the manager has got the team playing well and again Ill give credit where it is due becuase he is currently doing a good job.

Im all for constructive criticism but I think there is a small core of SAFC supporters (if they arent mags or wums) who would rather see the Club fail so they can be proved right with their negative agendas and viewpoints.

The team is playing well, despite not representing all the fans the fanzines and RAWA have got their way and the owner is looking to sell and oh and we are taking 4,000+ to a game at the other end of the country on Saturday. Be fking positive!!

I wasnt critical of the manager becuase like most sensible supporters they realised he had come into a difficult situation and needed some time to sort things out. However, the manager has got the team playing well and again Ill give credit where it is due becuase he is currently doing a good job.

Im all for constructive criticism but I think there is a small core of SAFC supporters (if they arent mags or wums) who would rather see the Club fail so they can be proved right with their negative agendas and viewpoints.

The team is playing well, despite not representing all the fans the fanzines and RAWA have got their way and the owner is looking to sell and oh and we are taking 4,000+ to a game at the other end of the country on Saturday. Be fking positive!!

Didnt 98% on a poll on here want Parkinson sacked over Christmas? So I don’t buy your premise that most fans realise the problem and accept it crap.

Zola, Ross Wallace, Nathan Dyer, Juninho, Aarón Lennon. Not lots but there are a few

Messi, Giovinco, Verratti, Lorenzo Insigne, Alejandro Gomez, Valbuena, Joe Allen, Alexis Sanchez, Santi Cazorla to name a few more.

There's a lot of very, very good short players in football right now. Arguably, the majority of the greatest players to ever play the game have been pretty short in all honesty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back