Greg Docherty

Only worrying thing to me is that the Shrewsbury fans rated him and Donald Love as being good players, and Donald Love was dog shit.

Certain players fit certain clubs, docherty could be a very decent signing, some very positive feedback, did we try and sign him last season ?

Didnt 98% on a poll on here want Parkinson sacked over Christmas? So I don’t buy your premise that most fans realise the problem and accept it crap.
I know i did and i'd be amazed to find anyone that didn't, considering our performances and results.

I will also hold my hands up though and say how fickle i am now we've won a few, top bloke Parky, so if he wants to sign a midget in midfield, i'm right behind him!

No, they said he has an attitude problem and is a bit of a twat. I can see why they would think that if he was putting in less effort than he has here at times.
Correct, never specified whether he had any quality. Did say that he was a ‘horrible human being’ though. :lol:

I agree with some of the comments on there tbf. Why should having a game Saturday affect the time it takes to sign this lad, and only on loan too, that's a job for our infamous recruitment team surely?
Hopefully he’s just managing expectations. If not, I agree it’s daft. At clubs the size of ourselves and Rangers the people involved in the negotiations aren’t/shouldn’t be involved in match day preparations. I appreciate it’d be good if Parkinson was around to talk to the lad if our terms etc are accepted but it doesn’t sound like we’ve reached that point before putting it on the back burner.

It’s ok though, I’m sure any other potential suitors will politely wait until after the weekend in good grace too.

Last edited:

I agree with some of the comments on there tbf. Why should having a game Saturday affect the time it takes to sign this lad, and only on loan too, that's a job for our infamous recruitment team surely?
Disappointing this is taking so long
But it always seems the way with our recruitment

Hope we don't lose him he's exactly the kind of player we need

Hopefully he’s just managing expectations. If not, I agree it’s daft. At clubs the size of ourselves and Rangers the people involved in the negotiations aren’t/shouldn’t be involved in match day preparations. I appreciate it’d be good if Parkinson was around to talk to the lad if our terms etc are accepted but it doesn’t sound like we’ve reached that point before putting it on the back burner.

It’s ok though, I’m sure any other potential suitors will politely wait until after the weekend in good grace too.
The last paragraph is what worries me. We don't half piss and fart about when it comes to transfers mind. You'd imagine this lad will have a lot of suitors.

One of our players must be leading the negotiations. Lafferty perhaps?

Back