Greg Docherty

I agree with some of the comments on there tbf. Why should having a game Saturday affect the time it takes to sign this lad, and only on loan too, that's a job for our infamous recruitment team surely?

I doubt it does, the deal's just probably not imminent.

Lafferty signed on a Friday night last week so it's not as if we'd just give up on Thursday dinner time and say we'll get back to you at 5 o clock Saturday.

I doubt it does, the deal's just probably not imminent.

Lafferty signed on a Friday night last week so it's not as if we'd just give up on Thursday dinner time and say we'll get back to you at 5 o clock Saturday.
Just the bit where he says it's coming up to the weekend so we'll reconvene after the game Saturday. Not sure why having a match Saturday should stall negotiations.

16th Jan today, we've signed one player to date and now informed that nothing will likely happen until after the game? Great prep lads. It's going to be another late flurry of activity again. Hope the lads order enough pizzas.

No, they said he has an attitude problem and is a bit of a twat. I can see why they would think that if he was putting in less effort than he has here at times.
They said they would drive him up here for nowt.Think hes scored about 18 goals since he arrived

Disappointing this is taking so long
But it always seems the way with our recruitment

Hope we don't lose him he's exactly the kind of player we need
If, as rumoured, we are looking at having a purchase clause for the lad should we get promoted to the Championship it’s not going to be a straightforward loan deal. There will be lots of discussion about wages, length of contract etc.
Im sure if I was going to a club on loan with the possibility of it being a permanent deal I would want to make sure everything was right before I moved, same from the clubs perspective as well.

Back