Greene king pubs

Where I live in Berkshire there are a number of Greene King pubs, all shite but in their own way. One of them is very picturesque, CAMRA love it, it's popular locally but it's cliquey, full of rugby types and the landlady is a borderline alky who keeps shit beer. The unifying factor for them however, is the f***ing awful GK range of beer. Why drink GK IPA when you can run a tap and throw in some mid brown food colouring?

Where I live in Berkshire there are a number of Greene King pubs, all shite but in their own way. One of them is very picturesque, CAMRA love it, it's popular locally but it's cliquey, full of rugby types and the landlady is a borderline alky who keeps shit beer. The unifying factor for them however, is the f***ing awful GK range of beer. Why drink GK IPA when you can run a tap and throw in some mid brown food colouring?

There is a lot of talk about CAMRA and Greene King being too friendly with each other. Last year Abbott Ale was announced as the best bitter in CAMRA's Champion Beer at the GBBF which was sponsored by... Greene King.

There is a lot of talk about CAMRA and Greene King being too friendly with each other. Last year Abbott Ale was announced as the best bitter in CAMRA's Champion Beer at the GBBF which was sponsored by... Greene King.
I'm surprised there wasn't a chant of "FIX!!" going up when that happened - is it true? Abbott bloody bland as fuck Ale, best bitter????

I'm surprised there wasn't a chant of "FIX!!" going up when that happened - is it true? Abbott bloody bland as fuck Ale, best bitter????

Yes, it's true - best premium bitter and second best beer overall

"Only sneer for the beer" - classic Sun headline:

Back