Greene king pubs

Just a slightly better wetherspoons really.

But I'll never forgive them for calling that beer an ipa
In fairness to them they’ve been brewing IPA for decades, long before the renaissance of this type of beer. I think people’s tastes for IPAs has changed and it is darker than its modern counterparts.

I used to drink IPA back in the 80s when we toured Bury St Edmunds playing cricket. It was much nicer then. Or maybe it was just nicer than the competition, Courage Best or Ruddles. Not a great fan these days.

Cheap and cheerful, does the job.

Better food and drinks to be had elsewhere obviously but quite often use them for th odd pint and never have any complaints

One of the worst. They have a few individual ones but far too many of them are virtually identical to each other with the same beer choices and menus.

Living in the flatlands of East Anglia they are also everywhere. At least in other parts of the country there is more choice.
Probably because they're a chain marra.

There is a Greene King pub 5 minutes walk from me, it’s rubbish, shite beer and very average food so we very rarely go. Nice beer garden tho.

There are a few exceptions but the majority are cack.

Can't think of a Greene King pub I like. Went in one in Edinburgh that was canny but no idea what it was called.
The Starbank Inn at Newhaven, Edinburgh is now a Greene King pub and it's beer is not as good as a result (used to be a Bellhaven pub with a few guest ales on).

GF works in a Greene King pub, albeit its not directly ran as one of theirs (the word escapes me)

She gets discount codes which comes in handy for the odd pint and food.

Really like the Level Head IPA they do, shame the one she works in doesn't sell it :lol:

Awful beer, awful chain. It’s from Bury St Edmunds and nothing good ever came from this place, King Edmund would have told you that. To be fair Adnams and Woodfordes beer is just as bad!

The Rosedene is terrible. As has been mentioned previously the food is absolutely horrendous, but it's also pricey as fuck for a pint. Definitely creeping up towards 5.50-6.00 for the premium lagers, and half the time they are sold flat as a fart and DOA.

Back