Greene king pubs

I like their football predictor thingy on their app. 5 games a week. Guess the correct outcome and get 20% off your bill or free drink for a correct scoreline. Canny that.

There are different types of GK pubs round me. Some are fantastic and have a wide selection of local beers. The next village over, Twyford, has a pub called The Pheonix, 7 real ales on. I have a doctors appoint next week, so will walk to the surgery in Twyford, see the quack, then have a few pints.

Others just have GK beers, so not so great.

Best pub chain in the country?

One of the worst. They have a few individual ones but far too many of them are virtually identical to each other with the same beer choices and menus.

Living in the flatlands of East Anglia they are also everywhere. At least in other parts of the country there is more choice.

New Derby is Greene King. Does a canny pint of Guinness and normally 10% off with the app during sports events. Stinks of food like

One of the worst. They have a few individual ones but far too many of them are virtually identical to each other with the same beer choices and menus.

Living in the flatlands of East Anglia they are also everywhere. At least in other parts of the country there is more choice.
Whereabouts in East Anglia are you? I live in Norfolk.

Last edited:
Derby is okay, I'm not a fan of their house beer but they do seem to have three or four guest ales and you get a free half with a pint on Fridays.

Food is passable as standard cheapish and cheerful pub grub but the last couple of times I've been for my tea it's been spoiled a bit by parents just letting their kids run about everywhere screaming and shouting. Not the pubs fault I suppose.

Back