Grayson and his views and our squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kone, Browning, O'Shea, Djili
Galloway, Oviedo, Jones, Love, Matthews

I really didn't need to point that out did I? Whilst we're on a downer over the squad we have to look at the squad and division we're in. Whilst it isn't the best in the division it's still a competitive squad .

I'm a bit dippy leek... :confused:

Kone will be gone before the window closes...

Djili was on your hit list, what's happened?...

Jones is utter shit...

Fuck I'm bored talking about it.

I'm not so sure he ever has tbh. Why would a Texas billionaire buy a football club he will most likely never heard of?

The illusion of making more money.

Last edited:

Love - Awful
Jones - Could get tortured in this league. Wasn't even strong enough up against Albrighton
Kone - Wants away. Will probably go and if he doesn't will down tools again
Papy - Plays like he's just dropped 30 acid tabs plus wants away so see Kone
O'Shea - Statistically worse than Paps last year which speaks volumes. Shouldn't be anywhere near the first team
Oviedo - Made of glass. Currently injured AGAIN
Galloway - Played about 3 games for West Brom before being dropped after a clusterfuck of a game (according to Boinger). Still early days
Browning - Injury problems have cursed his career so far. Poor for Preston last year according to their fans but reportedly played well v Bradford. Still early days

We have the right numbers but considering Kone/Papy/Oviedo all reportedly want to leave (the latter being the one with the most chance of staying because he's always injured), O'Shea and Love simply aren't good enough and Galloway and Browning are hopeful punts the only defender we have which we know could be capable in this league and even that is arguable

Defence scares the shit out of me tbh

I'm a bit dippy leek... :confused:

Kone will be gone before the window closes...

Djili was on your hit list, what's happened?...

Jones is utter shit...

Fuck I'm bored talking about it.

The illusion of making more money.

Exactly. He's only ever cared about the money and not the club

Last edited:
Well apart from him saying we are OK defensively ...ffs... and need strikers which the club will not buy...he knows.

This may have been addressed, im not reading the whole thread. You're aware he was speaking about the match performance as opposed to squad composition?

Words like "were" and "was" were indicators of this. Also the whole report was about his thoughts on the friendly.

OK defensively ffs.

And with Kone still to leave.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...sunderland-still-need-more-firepower-13396342

He seems to be turning out to be a Short / Bain mouth piece lightweight already.

I had high hopes for him, but if Short will give him nothing, and he still took the job knowing that, then its going to be a poor season with him spouting Moyes type statements every few days.

Apart from that if it turns out that Short will not even sanction a 5 mill striker, then we really are fooked.
He knows the situation at the club. He's getting on with it, no moaning, wants to be here and is remaining positive. Exactly what that bellend Moyes should of done instead of trying to absolve himself from any blame. We are in a shit situation but at least there is a bit of togetherness a fuck you mentality about the place. Imagine how bad it would be now if Moyes was here.

Listen, I am new here, and a Woman that will prob put me in a dim light....but, whatever hope we had of Grayson as a manager (I personally wanted Pearson n Phillips, never going to happen) ...those hopes were immediately dashed by way of the fact that the man was clueless about our club when he took it over.

How was this SO OBVIOUS?

He prob made the biggest mistake EVER of the season by giving O'Shea another contract!!! He is now going to be in charge at the back, captaining the ship to the bottom of the ocean yet again. The man has been at the club for 7 year or so, and from the year he signed, we have been in a relegation battle. Surely in any other profession a head of a dying department would be sacked. Now how the hell were the only time we acted as a RIGHT AND PROPER PREMIERSHIP SIDE in recent seasons was when Allardyce WOULDNT PLAY HIM. He was sidelined and the back four flourished. He is a manipulative bully (Di Canio got that right, running and telling tales two faced behind his team mates backs) who had no captaincy (or indeed say at all) over that Allerdyce squad that we will never see the likes of again in the near distant future.

Surely that is not rocket science.

I wanted to give Grayson a chance, but a MASSIVE MISTAKE like that, could have lost him his job in a couple of months' time when we are propping the table up.

I love Sunderland, I want to see us back in the Premier like all of us on here do (before I get negative comments) but its hard to swallow when you've seen a "team" at the end of the Allerdyce season turn into this "sad lot".

We had chance to get rid of JOS and Grayson failed to do it. We have started the season the back foot!

OK defensively ffs.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...sunderland-still-need-more-firepower-13396342

He seems to be turning out to be a Short / Bain mouth piece lightweight already.

I had high hopes for him, but if Short will give him nothing, and he still took the job knowing that, then its going to be a poor season with him spouting Moyes type statements every few days.

Apart from that if it turns out that Short will not even sanction a 5 mill striker, then we really are fooked.
It's going to be another relegation season IMO.

OK defensively ffs.

You and many others on here must be self employed, because very few people would slag off their employers in public and expect to keep their job.
Even if you self employed slagging off customers would soon have you out of business.
He took the job knowing what money was available and what needed to be done.
Let's just wait at least a few months to judge the bloke.

You and many others on here must be self employed, because very few people would slag off their employers in public and expect to keep their job.
Even if you self employed slagging off customers would soon have you out of business.
He took the job knowing what money was available and what needed to be done.
Let's just wait at least a few months to judge the bloke.

De Canio did when he was given a pile of crap to work with by Fanti. He wouldn't play them.

I hate to say it....but we are shite. Im hoping were just padding the squad out with a few bargains/ frees before spending a bit cash towards the end of the window on a bit quality. 10-15m isnt too much to ask when you consider the money brought in from pickford and mannone, the reduced wage bill and the likely income from lens, kone and whoever else is sold.

I hate to say it....but we are shite. Im hoping were just padding the squad out with a few bargains/ frees before spending a bit cash towards the end of the window on a bit quality. 10-15m isnt too much to ask when you consider the money brought in from pickford and mannone, the reduced wage bill and the likely income from lens, kone and whoever else is sold.

Agreed.

and Borini, and other expensive contracts not renewed Larrson etc.. and 50 % WAGE REDUCTION PARACHUTES BLAH BLAH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back