Grayson and his views and our squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK defensively ffs.

And with Kone still to leave.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...sunderland-still-need-more-firepower-13396342

He seems to be turning out to be a Short / Bain mouth piece lightweight already.

I had high hopes for him, but if Short will give him nothing, and he still took the job knowing that, then its going to be a poor season with him spouting Moyes type statements every few days.

Apart from that if it turns out that Short will not even sanction a 5 mill striker, then we really are fooked.
Cue a 2-0win against Derby ;)

I can see where Grayson is coming from, we currently have:
Rb Love, Jones, matthews
Cb Kone, Djibodji, O'shea, browning
Lb Oviedo, Galloway
As well as kids to throw in and players like Mcnair for cover.

Until players leave I don't think he can justify bringing in defenders.

With Anichebe, Borini and Defoe leaving though, we are still at least one short up front.
Once players leave he can look at improving the team with their replacements

Last edited:
The team haven't even kicked a ball in anger yet man ffs! At least wait until he season is underway before posting this shit.
The plan if we had one surely, would have been to be ready and prepared before the season starts, the OP is correct in everything he says .

I don't see what the issue is?

In that league all you need is to have a bit of quality going forward and you'll put 2 or 3 past most teams. This is the area we need to concentrate on and I'm glad it looks like he is doing so.

Who cares what they cost ,it's whether they have any talent that's important . 10M on Rodwell and 8M on jilybodgi was well spent ,can't wait for Grayson to sign more talent like them .

My point was not about WHO you buy but who you have the capacity to buy.

OK defensively ffs.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...sunderland-still-need-more-firepower-13396342

He seems to be turning out to be a Short / Bain mouth piece lightweight already.

I had high hopes for him, but if Short will give him nothing, and he still took the job knowing that, then its going to be a poor season with him spouting Moyes type statements every few days.

Apart from that if it turns out that Short will not even sanction a 5 mill striker, then we really are fooked.

Logon or register to see this image

OK defensively ffs.

When I was off school I would be out nd about .

It was always going to be the case though. I said as much the week we got relegated....that people would be shocked at the level of player we would be signing for this season. It's a process of adaptation....from £15m players to £150k players.

There was an alternative but Short has knee jerked into full on austerity and like it or not it's how this window will pan out. Whether that manifests as a season of struggle is entirely down to Grayson's ability to get the best out of what he has at his disposal. I wish him the best but fear he has a difficult gig.

Don't disagree with any of that mate.

Our first choice defence is probably

Jones - Browning - Kone - Oviedo

With Love, Matthews, O'Shea, Djilobodji, Galloway and McNair as cover.

I'd say we're quite strong in defence for this division.
Could be better but I think the majority of Championship clubs would love our defence.

New manager wrote off before a ball has been kicked in the league!! Surely a new record for the pissy pants brigade of PF?

:lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back