Grayson and his views and our squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about not taking his comments out of context for a start! He was commenting on the Scunthorpe game and our performance. He said, and I quote, "I think we were OK defensively, the midfield was OK, but where it really matters at the top end of the pitch, we were a bit light physically." That in no way is talking about the squad and how he sees it. It doesn't mean he doesn't want to add players to our defense of midfield at all....it was an appraisal of our performance in the match and that was all. This forum is becoming a joke with all these bed wetters.

The thing wrong with it is that we weren't ok defensively and it isn't bed wetting to make the point.

Think it's more than good enough for the Championship. In fact a lot of Championship clubs would love to have the options we have.

Great.....can you get them to sign JoS,Papy and Matthews please. It would just make me feel better.;)

I think the worry is that most fans would say our worst and most pressing area to improve is at the back!

We kept a clean sheet and weren't living on the edge all game. Yeah not great, but to me, "OK" just about covers it.

Got away with it against a lower league team is a bit nearer the mark.

Think it's more than good enough for the Championship. In fact a lot of Championship clubs would love to have the options we have.
This. Christ some people going on like its la liga and the premier league all rolled into one. The current squad, with a couple more additions are more than capable of getting into the play offs imo. Huddersfield got promoted with Dean Whitehead still in their team ffs.

OK defensively ffs.

And with Kone still to leave.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...sunderland-still-need-more-firepower-13396342

He seems to be turning out to be a Short / Bain mouth piece lightweight already.

I had high hopes for him, but if Short will give him nothing, and he still took the job knowing that, then its going to be a poor season with him spouting Moyes type statements every few days.

Apart from that if it turns out that Short will not even sanction a 5 mill striker, then we really are fooked.
If Kone doesn't leave, we're ok. So he's right, atm we're ok there.

It was always going to be the case though. I said as much the week we got relegated....that people would be shocked at the level of player we would be signing for this season. It's a process of adaptation....from £15m players to £150k players.

There was an alternative but Short has knee jerked into full on austerity and like it or not it's how this window will pan out. Whether that manifests as a season of struggle is entirely down to Grayson's ability to get the best out of what he has at his disposal. I wish him the best but fear he has a difficult gig.

Who cares what they cost ,it's whether they have any talent that's important . 10M on Rodwell and 8M on jilybodgi was well spent ,can't wait for Grayson to sign more talent like them .

OK defensively ffs.

And with Kone still to leave.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...sunderland-still-need-more-firepower-13396342

He seems to be turning out to be a Short / Bain mouth piece lightweight already.

I had high hopes for him, but if Short will give him nothing, and he still took the job knowing that, then its going to be a poor season with him spouting Moyes type statements every few days.

Apart from that if it turns out that Short will not even sanction a 5 mill striker, then we really are fooked.
If this, if that, oh no god, dear me the world is ending and it hasn't even begun. That's it call the undertaker.

Was always going to be the case he would be the puppet for Short/Bain in terms of he will have to do as he's told/ 20p to spend. That said he seems a decent enough bloke who I hope does well for the club

Who cares what they cost ,it's whether they have any talent that's important . 10M on Rodwell and 8M on jilybodgi was well spent ,can't wait for Grayson to sign more talent like them .
Shame we can't send them back as faulty goods. A credit note would be better than nothing.

I dont see the defense as being a massive problem, the defense hasnt changed and Swansea conceded more than use and Watford and Bournmouth conceded nearly the same. These are premier league teams as well, well be playing much weaker sides next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back