Gout

Status
Not open for further replies.
I though I had it, until I realised it was due to driving in heavy traffic during my commute in my new job. Had me puzzled until I had a week off and my feet were better.

i've been taking Allopurinol pills for about 3 weeks now cos i was getting gout all the time...Oddly enough since i started the course the pain has stopped...except today that is....had an attack about 1 ish and the bastard is still nacking

i've been taking Allopurinol pills for about 3 weeks now cos i was getting gout all the time...Oddly enough since i started the course the pain has stopped...except today that is....had an attack about 1 ish and the bastard is still nacking

1 year on them now and get the odd attack, it's all about learning YOUR triggers.

Mine include twiglets, ginger beer and quite bizarrely Haribo.

Occasionally, after a big session I get a really sore ankle, tends to come on in the middle of the night and lasts about 3 days, think that may be gout. Ibuprofen tends to sort it out.

Diclofenic. Takes it straight away but doc's have stopped giving it out due to heart attack issues.

I have the same issues, so the Doc switched me to NAPROXEN.

It's much easier on the stomach than Diclofenic and also doesn't interact so badly with the heart meds or present such a great risk as Diclofenic.
Up to now it seems to be working ok, but possibly it's still a bit too early to pass judgement.

I have the same issues, so the Doc switched me to NAPROXEN.

It's much easier on the stomach than Diclofenic and also doesn't interact so badly with the heart meds or present such a great risk as Diclofenic.
Up to now it seems to be working ok, but possibly it's still a bit too early to pass judgement.
Naproxen doesn't work for me. Makes me sickly constantly. Only found Diclofenic sorts me out.

Naproxen doesn't work for me. Makes me sickly constantly. Only found Diclofenic sorts me out.

Diclofenic works for me, but plays havoc with my guts and also I have a dodgy ticker to consider, so I'll continue with Naproxen for now.
According to Mr Google its nothing like as harsh on the stomach and not such a great risk.
Maybe you're just allergic to it.

seen a few threads on this before so I thought I'd ask, I'm over in Australia and I've had a pain in my foot for ages. It's the worst pain I think I've ever felt. Fine when no pressure is on it but like some one is trying to dig out of my bones with pressure. Went to the doctors over here which is shite compared to the nhs btw. And she suggested it could be gout. So I'm getting a blood test next week. However I'm only 24 bit of a chubby bastard but I didn't really think I'd be getting gout at this age. Any help is appreciated.
What kind of job have you got? Office?

seen a few threads on this before so I thought I'd ask, I'm over in Australia and I've had a pain in my foot for ages. It's the worst pain I think I've ever felt. Fine when no pressure is on it but like some one is trying to dig out of my bones with pressure. Went to the doctors over here which is shite compared to the nhs btw. And she suggested it could be gout. So I'm getting a blood test next week. However I'm only 24 bit of a chubby bastard but I didn't really think I'd be getting gout at this age. Any help is appreciated.
Don't take asprin to kill the pain they produce Uric acid which forms the salts.

Broke my left ankle and leg in 2 places, in plaster. Had a gout attack in the right foot at the same time, which took my mind off the left leg.

You don't need to put your foot under pressure for gout to knack, even the lightest of bedsheets resting over the gout will make you cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back