Gout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Had it when I was 31 and would have happily hacked my foot off, never known anything like it. Luckily only had one slight flare a decade on or it would definately end up being lobbed off and stuck in the bin. :evil:

i've been taking Allopurinol pills for about 3 weeks now cos i was getting gout all the time...Oddly enough since i started the course the pain has stopped...except today that is....had an attack about 1 ish and the bastard is still nacking[/QUOTE]

This is very common after starting on this medication - your GP should have warned you that it was likely to happen.

It's important to keep taking the tablets - I've been symptom free since I started taking them just after Christmas.

Last edited by a moderator:
I take alluporinal. Used to get gout in my foot. Haven't had it for years and lately have started taking the tablet once every two or three days instead of one a day.
These past few days I have developed a terrible pain in my knee, the inside of my right knee and I think it's gout. Never had gout in my knee before.
Anyone know best painkiller I can take. ?
I am taking the alluporinal each day now but the pain hasn't receded.

Any truth in braying it with something hard like a book? Apparently breaks the crystals and relieves the pain whilst initially knocking like fuck!

Any truth in braying it with something hard like a book? Apparently breaks the crystals and relieves the pain whilst initially knocking like fuck!
I can believe that to an extent cos if I knock it with my fist as I am doing right now, the pain is relieved but as soon as you stop it's back.

I take alluporinal. Used to get gout in my foot. Haven't had it for years and lately have started taking the tablet once every two or three days instead of one a day.
These past few days I have developed a terrible pain in my knee, the inside of my right knee and I think it's gout. Never had gout in my knee before.

Starting taking allopurinol when having a gout attack is a big no no.

Colichine is what you need now , then back on the allopurinol once the attack has subsided.

You are supposed to stop taking allopurinol when the gout flares up again. See doc to get something to take gout away then restart alopurinol

Alluporinal doesn't take gout away. Your supposed to take that first signs of it coming on as it prevents the build up of crystals forming. Like I said previous Diclofenic is the answer if you can get your hands on any.

Alluporinal doesn't take gout away. Your supposed to take that first signs of it coming on as it prevents the build up of crystals forming. Like I said previous Diclofenic is the answer if you can get your hands on any.
Thanks for the advice. Looked it up and it says it's for arthritis. I'll see my local chemist in the morning, mind two glasses of wine and the pain seems to be lessening !

Thanks for the advice. Looked it up and it says it's for arthritis. I'll see my local chemist in the morning, mind two glasses of wine and the pain seems to be lessening !
I get a bag of ice n leave it on for a while n takes it right down. I get my attacks off too much fruit and also tomatoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back