Gout

Status
Not open for further replies.

two_strap

Midfield
seen a few threads on this before so I thought I'd ask, I'm over in Australia and I've had a pain in my foot for ages. It's the worst pain I think I've ever felt. Fine when no pressure is on it but like some one is trying to dig out of my bones with pressure. Went to the doctors over here which is shite compared to the nhs btw. And she suggested it could be gout. So I'm getting a blood test next week. However I'm only 24 bit of a chubby bastard but I didn't really think I'd be getting gout at this age. Any help is appreciated.

f***ing knacks like.

Thought I'd hoofed something and broke me toe when it came up the first time.

Had one course of summit and never been back seriously for a while.

Drink more water and try to avoid going on permanent tablets for it. Cherries and cherry juice works.

Don't start f***ing about with blood tests in the first instance as the longer term treatments for gout can do you as much harm as good. Just get some Naproxen down you and it will sort these initial attacks quickly. If they become regular though, then you will have to look at longer term treatments.

Good luck, it knacks!

Don't start f***ing about with blood tests in the first instance as the longer term treatments for gout can do you as much harm as good. Just get some Naproxen down you and it will sort these initial attacks quickly. If they become regular though, then you will have to look at longer term treatments.

Good luck, it knacks!

Good luck, it knacks!
Diclofenic. Takes it straight away but doc's have stopped giving it out due to heart attack issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back