Gout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read up on it. Adjust your diet and exercise regularly. You might need to cut out the stuff that causes the attacks. For me it is too much yeast - no beer sadly or bread. Anyway I have learned by trial and error and have not had a problem for quite a while now...famous last words!

I take alluporinal. Used to get gout in my foot. Haven't had it for years and lately have started taking the tablet once every two or three days instead of one a day.
These past few days I have developed a terrible pain in my knee, the inside of my right knee and I think it's gout. Never had gout in my knee before.
Anyone know best painkiller I can take. ?
I am taking the alluporinal each day now but the pain hasn't receded.
500mgc of paracetamol x2.

Inside of a knee could be cartliege

Or a build up of fluid, over time, which can be drained off

I take alluporinal. Used to get gout in my foot. Haven't had it for years and lately have started taking the tablet once every two or three days instead of one a day.
These past few days I have developed a terrible pain in my knee, the inside of my right knee and I think it's gout. Never had gout in my knee before.
Anyone know best painkiller I can take. ?
I am taking the alluporinal each day now but the pain hasn't receded.
Don't take aspirin ,they increase the uric acid.

I got it really bad. Polyarticular tophaceus gout. Basically had it in nearly all my joints and I was getting chalky lumps (tophi) all over my body.

Been on 600mg allopurinol for about a year now and no real issues. Diclofenac was my painkiller of choice during an attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back