Got any valuable old toys?

I’ve still got my matchbox/corgi cars, he-man, action man, action force.

My astro wars game, atari woody (with games), JVC MSX computer, big track, Race and Chase, Hornby train sets, space lego, plastic soldiers, Warhammer lead figures. Die cast Millenium Falcon, Lukes sand speeder, tie fighter and Darth Vaders Tie fighter!

I have a Buffy, Willow and the Master figures - took them out of their boxes though as I wanted them on my shelf (I have a mini stained glass church window as the backdrop, all charity shop purchases).............think the figures boxed go for £15 -30 each, but I had no intention of selling them tbh.

Dinky toys were my favourites, cars, trucks and buses.
So well made, solid as a rock and almost indestructible apart from pulling the tyres off.

All me old Star Wars, consoles and action man stuff will be in me mams loft no doubt, don't think they ever threw anything of mine out.

I’ve still got my matchbox/corgi cars, he-man, action man, action force.

My astro wars game, atari woody (with games), JVC MSX computer, big track, Race and Chase, Hornby train sets, space lego, plastic soldiers, Warhammer lead figures. Die cast Millenium Falcon, Lukes sand speeder, tie fighter and Darth Vaders Tie fighter!

I think you need to get a woman.

Younger brother got all my stuff when I left home and joined the military. Next leave nothing left of loads of collectibles. Him and his mates destroyed years of collected stuff in months.

Aw well.......what’s done is done.........little shit he was:eek::eek:

Had an unopened batmobile from the 90s, it was too good to give to my son so I put it back on ebay for a profit few years later
I did the same with a Star Wars AT-AT Walker
Bought it for about £65 from Argos a few year ago when they had a 25% off Lego sale on. My bairn got that much at Christmas, he didn't notice I put it up in the loft unopened. it's still there and they're going for £250-300 on eBay now
He'll thank me for it one day!

Sold a four story Lundby dolls house plus contents and vintage Sindy dolls to help pay for my wedding. Now wish I'd kept the toys and not bothered with the wedding :D

You have to be careful with the dolls houses as there is a lot of shill bidding going on on eBay.

I loaned my daughters Playmobil house to a niece years ago and when it was returned there were lots of missing pieces. After some discussion, and because my daughter still loved the house, we decided to fix it up and get all of the missing parts. It took us months but eventually it was complete again. I even bought the extra floor for it!

While we were buying stuff for the house though, I noticed the same houses coming up for sale multiple times even though they had apparently been sold. A number of times it was obvious from examining the bidders id that they were not serious buyers and just bidding to push up the price, hoping to catch an unsuspecting buyer unawares.

If anyone does want to bid on these toys don’t be too quick to bid for them, and especially don’t bid if there is a constant stream of bids gradually pushing the price up before the end of the auction. Most people bid once in the final minutes of the auction if they are serious buyers.

Back