Good TV series to binge on?

We are just binge watching Senorita 89.

It is quite unlike anything seen before but I'm finding it irresistible.

A sort of ensemble piece about shenanigans, evil politicians, and how women are treated as cattle, all played out against the back drop of the Miss Mexico 1989 pagent.

Just watched first two seasons of Broadchurch. By gum it's grim and I was in tears a few times. The acting is universally outstanding esp Tennant and Colman and the parents of the dead boy Jodie Whittaker and Andrew Buchan. However the actress who surprised me was Pauline Quirke: I thought she was just a lightweight comedy actress but she showed some surly sarcastic chops here!
Aye brilliant

Just finished One Day on Netflix with the lass out of This is Gonna Hurt and him out of White Lotus…. I thought it was absolutely brilliant. Not my usual kind of thing but by the end I was a total wreck.

Just started Dick Turpin, will get back with a review.
Dick Turpin 2/10

Well, if you leave your brain at the door, it is a way to pass the time.
Trying to be the Mighty Boosh but with Noel Fielding trying to be creative in a sureal version of Dick Turpin, his brother Micheal (Naboo) is also cast.
Noel is the too cool for school kid who has to be overly flamboyant to prove he's creative and this time fails miserably. There are some one liners that attempt to be witty, but fall way short.

It will be classed as the Emporers New Clothes though, if you don't like it, it's obvious you don't get what the artist is trying to say. The more inelligent amoung you will realise that this is just another vehicle to massage Fielding's ego.

onto the last series of loudermilk. it started off quite good but i'm waning a bit and think it's getting a bit stale although it still has it's moments.
griselda is next on the list.

Aye brilliant

Just finished One Day on Netflix with the lass out of This is Gonna Hurt and him out of White Lotus…. I thought it was absolutely brilliant. Not my usual kind of thing but by the end I was a total wreck.
The soundtrack is just as good too..

I would wait.
It is good but stops halfway and hasn’t restarted yet due to the writers strike.
I watched them in order, 1883, 1923, Yellowstone. There are other spin offs planned, Inc one called 1944 though going to take a while to make them all
Aye, now I don't know if I should wait for 1923 to be completed before moving on :lol: That might be a bit of a wait.
Would like to see them all in order and fit in the other spin-offs too. If the others are as good as 1883 will be worth the wait. Cheers

Aye, now I don't know if I should wait for 1923 to be completed before moving on :lol: That might be a bit of a wait.
Would like to see them all in order and fit in the other spin-offs too. If the others are as good as 1883 will be worth the wait. Cheers
1923 is not as good, but very enjoyable thus far... Very frustrating 'end'. Depends if you are a patient viewer or like me!
If like me i would wait.

Back