Good article on Swann in the Sunday Times

Status
Not open for further replies.

In the following Ashes series in England I believe two Aussies retired mid series and went home. It’s pretty normal, he was injured and has a family

I think he is a dick personally but I don’t blame him for this
Never heard him on the radio tbh .... so I don't really have the same opinion of him as the rest of you ...

Superb cricketer but a complete boring tit. Also showed his true colours in his last Ashes when he scurried off home. If we'd been 3 up there's not a cat in hells chance he'd have had it away on his toes.

Superb cricketer but a complete boring tit. Also showed his true colours in his last Ashes when he scurried off home. If we'd been 3 up there's not a cat in hells chance he'd have had it away on his toes.

He was fucked shouldn't have been picked in the first place and we'd lost the series. I'm not sure what the point in hanging about was. The ECB wouldnt have entertained him hanging about unless he was able to play so you could argue he did the decent thing fucked off and and gave someone else, like Borthwick, a go.

You can tell the unknowledgeable cricket fans from the knowledgable ones, by the jokers who try and slate him for being a "quitter"

:lol::lol::lol: Exhibit A, right on queue. Cheers mate.

Just wish he felt the same, the irritating twat

He is annoying like, I can't listen, but when he actually talks about cricket, he is usually spot on, especially compared to the chuckle brothers of Boycott and Vaughan

Vaughan changes his mind every week, but never acknowledges that he has. In the last few years he called on Compton to be dropped so Root could open, then criticised England and said Root should bat middle order, then criticised again and said he should bat 3, he is then moved to 3, then Vaughan says Root should play where he wants and stay at 4.

He talks so much that nobody reminds him of what he actually says.

I think Swann is pretty spot on with his opinions, he just isn't for me personally.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can tell the unknowledgeable cricket fans from the knowledgable ones, by the jokers who try and slate him for being a "quitter"

:lol::lol::lol: Exhibit A, right on queue. Cheers mate.

He is annoying like, I can't listen, but when he actually talks about cricket, he is usually spot on, especially compared to the chuckle brothers of Boycott and Vaughan

Vaughan changes his mind every week, but never acknowledges that he has. In the last few years he called on Compton to be dropped so Root could open, then criticised England and said Root should bat middle order, then criticised again and said he should bat 3, he is then moved to 3, then Vaughan says Root should play where he wants and stay at 4.

He talks so much that nobody reminds him of what he actually says.

I think Swann is pretty spot on with his opinions, he just isn't for me personally.
He was a superb cricketer. Bob Willis claimed he deserted the titanic with the women and children in the life boats. Now I know you've done the lords tour but you surely aren't claiming to be more knowledgeable than arguably our greatest strike bowler and former captain?

He was fucked shouldn't have been picked in the first place and we'd lost the series. I'm not sure what the point in hanging about was. The ECB wouldnt have entertained him hanging about unless he was able to play so you could argue he did the decent thing fucked off and and gave someone else, like Borthwick, a go.
He'd have been dropped anyway as he'd been poor so he should've stuck out the series. KP who gets loads of stick was struggling and not playing particularly well but he stuck it out to have the last rites read.

Last edited:
TBF the whole tour selection was poor. As well as Swann we had bowlers who couldn't be bowled and Borthwick shouldn't have been picked either, his bowling wasn't strong enough. Then, the same as now, his strong suit is batting. And the batting line up disintegrated with Root being moved around the order to try to fill gaps that couldn't be filled.

He was a superb cricketer. Bob Willis claimed he deserted the titanic with the women and children in the life boats. Now I know you've done the lords tour but you surely aren't claiming to be more knowledgeable than arguably our greatest strike bowler and former captain?

He'd have been dropped anyway as he'd been poor so he should've stuck out the series. KP who gets loads of stick was struggling and not playing particularly well but he stuck it out to have the last rites read.

Yes, Bob Willis is a great bloke, fantastic cricketer, but he is a figure of fun

He has made some horrendous predictions along the way.

He's wrong. And its an opinion of the not so clever to be honest.

Its macho bullshit, as Chunky points out, happens every single tour, its a complete non-story.

Absolute nonsense

By that logic no supporter is allowed an opinion over.....oh let’s say ex England captain Sol Campbell

Absolute nonsense

By that logic no supporter is allowed an opinion over.....oh let’s say ex England captain Sol Campbell
"You can tell the unknowledgeable cricket fans from the knowledgable ones, by the jokers who try and slate him for being a "quitter""

By Johnsons logic anyone who disagrees with him is "unknowkedgable" and "jokers". I notice you don't take exception to that.
I didnt say a supporter can't have an opinion over an ex pro (legend in bobs case) just that the likes of Willis, Vaughan, boycott etc are more qualified than us to give one. Don't think that's even up for debate. Doesn't mean to say they're always right by the way.
If you look at the state of Johnson when someone disagrees with him you can see why nobody would give tuppence for his outlook, the bloke gets far too emotional to speak any sort of sense.

"You can tell the unknowledgeable cricket fans from the knowledgable ones, by the jokers who try and slate him for being a "quitter""

By Johnsons logic anyone who disagrees with him is "unknowkedgable" and "jokers". I notice you don't take exception to that.
I didnt say a supporter can't have an opinion over an ex pro (legend in bobs case) just that the likes of Willis, Vaughan, boycott etc are more qualified than us to give one. Don't think that's even up for debate. Doesn't mean to say they're always right by the way.
If you look at the state of Johnson when someone disagrees with him you can see why nobody would give tuppence for his outlook, the bloke gets far too emotional to speak any sort of sense.
I’m not talking about Johnson am I?

I’m not talking about Johnson am I?
But that's who I was responding to in the post of which you replied. I was merely pointing out that someone who has played the game at highest level and toured all round the world was of the same opinion as myself (and others on here) regarding swanns departure. Of course that goes against johnsons opinion so we are all "jokers" and "unknowledgable" according to him.

But that's who I was responding to in the post of which you replied. I was merely pointing out that someone who has played the game at highest level and toured all round the world was of the same opinion as myself (and others on here) regarding swanns departure. Of course that goes against johnsons opinion so we are all "jokers" and "unknowledgable" according to him.

Was he not told to go home when he couldn’t play anymore. Sure I’ve heard Swan claim that

This is such a ridiculous opinion

Vaughan said not long ago that Morgan should be the test captain

Its their job to be controversial and make the headlines, that is why Boycott and Vaughan are not on Sky.

This is a very ironic post like.

The fact you are quoting Bob Willis, the villain off the Verdict, says it all.

And did you notice everyone else on the panel that day with him disagreed with him, funny that isn't it :lol:

As did Nasser, Atherton, Strauss

They all agreed with me. So how does that fit in with your theory?

Was he not told to go home when he couldn’t play anymore. Sure I’ve heard Swan claim that

don't talk sense mate, its not allowed on here.

We have to follow what Bob Willis said.

Last edited by a moderator:
So?

I wasn’t talking about him

Willis may think that. Boycott may think that too. Vaughan even. They’re not known for having a contrary opinion at all. The fact is that many people have left tours early, and yet Swann (bellend that he is) is the only one castigated for it

So?

I wasn’t talking about him

Willis may think that. Boycott may think that too. Vaughan even. They’re not known for having a contrary opinion at all. The fact is that many people have left tours early, and yet Swann (bellend that he is) is the only one castigated for it
I'm unaware of anyone leaving a tour in the circumstances Swann did and as I've said I think we all know that if we'd been 3 up he'd have stuck it out until the bitter end:. KP was struggling with injury that tour as well by the way but didn't go scuttling off with tail between his legs.
You have your opinion I have mine, other people share mine and others share yours. That's life.

This is such a ridiculous opinion

Vaughan said not long ago that Morgan should be the test captain

Its their job to be controversial and make the headlines, that is why Boycott and Vaughan are not on Sky.

This is a very ironic post like.

The fact you are quoting Bob Willis, the villain off the Verdict, says it all.

And did you notice everyone else on the panel that day with him disagreed with him, funny that isn't it :lol:

As did Nasser, Atherton, Strauss

They all agreed with me. So how does that fit in with your theory?

don't talk sense mate, its not allowed on here.

We have to follow what Bob Willis said.
Everyone has an opinion I'm just pointing out that people far more qualified than you on matters like this share mine, others far more qualified than me share yours. The difference being I haven't labelled anyone "unknowledgable" or "jokers" for not sharing mine.
There's also s reason that ex pros who have played the game at highest level so can relate to situations are paid for their opinions, as I said it doesn't make them always right and we are all entitled to disagree but like or not their views hold far more gravitas than the emotional wreck formerly known as Johnson!

Last edited:
I'm unaware of anyone leaving a tour in the circumstances Swann did and as I've said I think we all know that if we'd been 3 up he'd have stuck it out until the bitter end:. KP was struggling with injury that tour as well by the way but didn't go scuttling off with tail between his legs.
You have your opinion I have mine, other people share mine and others share yours. That's life.

Everyone has an opinion I'm just pointing out that people far more qualified than you on matters like this share mine, others far more qualified than me share yours. The difference being I haven't labelled anyone "unknowledgable" or "jokers" for not sharing mine.
There's also s reason that ex pros who have played the game at highest level so can relate to situations are paid for their opinions, as I said it doesn't make them always right and we are all entitled to disagree but like or not their views hold far more gravitas than the emotional wreck formerly known as Johnson!
2 Aussies (I forget which ones) did it on the next ashes tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back