Good article on Swann in the Sunday Times

in summary:

- he knows he is a gobby prick
- his dad sounds like a bit of a prick, as an 11 year old he got a second ball duck and his dad told him he was adopted
- reckons he wasn’t ready for England when first picked, but around 2005 he thought he was the best spinner in the country
- got wickets through sheer bravado, always assumed he was the best and imagined he was just playing with mates “there is no such thing as pressure”
- thinks Stokes was “brain dead” for putting himself in that position, but if not charged should go to Oz

Brilliant cricketer. Gobby arrogance made him the player he was. Who cares what football team he supports? Bairstow supports Leeds and Root supports Sheff Utd but I don't hold that against them.

Less said about his commentary the better mind.
Who do you support, mate?

f***ing loved the 2009-2012 Test side mind (except Pietersen). The 2009 Ashes, the heroic drawn series in SA, winning in India and Australia, whitewashing India to go no.1. Only in 2013 and the home Ashes series did it start to go a bit shit even though we won that one.

It was an Ashes tour FFS so obviously he was desperate to go. In the end it didn't work out so he packed it in. What's the issue?

I still reckon him having a test bowling average of 29.96 after getting caned to all corners was the deciding factor :lol: Did he just fuck off home? If so he should have handled in differently - stayed behind and helped and supported the younger players.

I still reckon him having a test bowling average of 29.96 after getting caned to all corners was the deciding factor :lol: Did he just fuck off home? If so he should have handled in differently - stayed behind and helped and supported the younger players.

If he'd bowled one more over in that second innings in Perth his average would have been done!

I find him excruciating on TMS. I don't quite have the same hatred for him that some do (and I don't have as big an issue with the Ashes thing), but he makes me want to pull my own teeth out with pliers when he starts his lad banter shite.

Was an incredible cricketer, mind. Very underrated bat and fielder, too

f***ing loved the 2009-2012 Test side mind (except Pietersen). The 2009 Ashes, the heroic drawn series in SA, winning in India and Australia, whitewashing India to go no.1. Only in 2013 and the home Ashes series did it start to go a bit shit even though we won that one.
Absolutely loved that team. Character, flair and skill right through the card

Back