Gomorrah

Just finished series three. It's so powerful and gripping you can excuse the odd ridiculous bit of the storyline. There's definitely going to be a series four. The show is a cultural phenomenon in Italy. They put the first two episodes of series three on at the cinema the weekend before they showed it on the telly and it broke box office records. The Italians have to watch it with subtitles too as they don't understand the Neapolitan dialect. If you're looking for a new show to watch I would definitely recommend this one. If the subtitles put you off just try struggling through a couple of episodes and see if you can live with them.

For anybody who hasn't seen the show all three seasons are available in the usual places. The novarip version of series three is decent enough quality and you can get the subtitles from here:

Download Gomorra (2014) subtitles in English and other languages - Addic7ed.com

Yes. He spent the whole of series three wanting to check out.
Or if you have sky just download it...it's free btw

Heard about this show from a mate but watched it on the basis of this thread.

What a series but gutted at the end. When is the next series on?

Anybody off here seen this? I am watching it on amazon prime at the moment after a recommendation on here. 10 episodes in and it's superb imo

Much darker version of the sopranos is possibly the best way to describe it. Surprised I missed it first time round on sky Atlantic and can't remember it getting discussed on here

will give it a watch, signed up to Amazon a few weeks back

Ok so I love this and having just watched the final episode and I was gutted.
BUT was anyone else getting bored of the close ups with Ciro being all philosophical and speaking really intensely into their faces usually accompanied with a hand around the neck?

I'm not big on thugs/gangsters but I'm pretty sure they don't talk like Ciro :)

It is quality and I f***ing hope Genny goes postal in the next series.

Just finished watching this, what a fantastic series. I can't recall seeing such an authentic feeling mafia drama, the location work around Naples is just stunning. Superb acting, makes Scorsese and the Sopranos look a bit tame by comparison.

Looking forward to see where it goes after the shocker at the end of season 3. I read they're filming in London, be interesting to see how they capture the underworld over here.

Massively recommend to anyone that hasn't seen it yet.

I don't think Ciro is dead. When it shows you him sinking his hand twitches. Could be wrong of course, but I can't see why the most engaging character of the series would be killed off.

I don't think Ciro is dead. When it shows you him sinking his hand twitches. Could be wrong of course, but I can't see why the most engaging character of the series would be killed off.
He had to be dead. It totally completes his character arc. He was a dead man walking throughout the whole season, without fear for his life because he basically invited death to take him. After the way he offed his own family there’s just no way he could live on as the ‘hero’ of the piece. As galling as it is (I was genuinely gutted, f***ing loved The Immortal) he’s gone. I think it’d ruin the whole series if he somehow survived.

He had to be dead. It totally completes his character arc. He was a dead man walking throughout the whole season, without fear for his life because he basically invited death to take him. After the way he offed his own family there’s just no way he could live on as the ‘hero’ of the piece. As galling as it is (I was genuinely gutted, f***ing loved The Immortal) he’s gone. I think it’d ruin the whole series if he somehow survived.

The actor who plays him will be directing episodes. I thought his character was class and it was a perfect way for him to bow out.

Some of the new series is set in london

‘Gomorrah’ Season 4 Details Revealed: Sky Crime Drama Will Shoot In London, New Role For Actor Marco D’Amore

Back