Golf 2021

Looking at getting a wedge, got a sw and PW with my irons but thinking of getting a Callaway MD5 Jaws in 60deg loft for the close in shots.
Infrequent player so any comments or guidance appreciated

firstly the ref was shockingly week but they always are over there.

The way the woman answers his question ”did it bounce?” was “no, I didn’t see it bounce” which I would conclude it didn’t if it was me. The only contentious thing I see is him removing the ball but he had called the ruling himself and was only getting the ref to double check so I would argue he was pretty certain but Didn’t want anything coming back on him with the camera being there. It would only have been problematic if the ref had disagreed.

Now I’m not a fan of Reed and the likelihood of the ball plugging on a suggested unknown to him 2nd bounce or the ball coming to rest in an old plug are pretty slim but there’s no clear evidence of him tampering and pushing the ball in so for me, this is the media and internet blowing it all out of proportion as it’s Patrick Reed.
I agree about the official being shockingly weak, he should have asked to check the video to see if the ball did bounce, which would have cleared the whole thing up straight away. Reed knew what he was doing and played the official like a fiddle.

Back