Golf 2021

I'm crap at golf, but thought I'd share the fun day I had today.
1. My dad tries to run me over with the buggy, to the point he's going full speed and I have to dive to the ground to get out the way.
2 His mates, who are old and deaf, don't understand what level of whispering applies to people who can actually hear and manage to start talking every time I go to tee off. Like the second I start my backswing.
I think I need new golfing mates. Also, Ravensworth is crap.

I'm crap at golf, but thought I'd share the fun day I had today.
1. My dad tries to run me over with the buggy, to the point he's going full speed and I have to dive to the ground to get out the way.
2 His mates, who are old and deaf, don't understand what level of whispering applies to people who can actually hear and manage to start talking every time I go to tee off. Like the second I start my backswing.
I think I need new golfing mates. Also, Ravensworth is crap.
@SPUFF will be your golf mate. 😉

I knew the Albanians loved their lower division Scottish Football, but didn't realise they were keen on the golf as well.

BBC Alba for iPlayer, Golf: Mun Cuairt Alba

Episode 4 Royal Dornoch, and Episode 3 Irvine Bogside have a personal attachment for me, but well worth a look at everything. They're spoiled for golf up the road, mind.

Virtual golf centre in washy seems ideal £50 for 10 hour sessions offer they’re running

I know it’s skytrak so not the best launch monitor but at £5 a session it’s still going to be better than a bucket of range balls in the cold

going tonight to try it out

Just played Whitburn for the first time. Little gem. Weather was spot on for November. Ended up short sleeved back 9. First hit in two months and ended up with 33 points and 92 scored.
Nice course and some fantastic views.

Just played Whitburn for the first time. Little gem. Weather was spot on for November. Ended up short sleeved back 9. First hit in two months and ended up with 33 points and 92 scored.
Give me a nudge next time you fancy a return, that goes for anyone else too. Been a member there for a few years now as I prefer it to Shields, I find the layout much more interesting. Great views from the 18th tee as well, especially on a clear day.
Playing tomorrow morning for the first time in a few weeks.

Give me a nudge next time you fancy a return, that goes for anyone else too. Been a member there for a few years now as I prefer it to Shields, I find the layout much more interesting. Great views from the 18th tee as well, especially on a clear day.
Will do mate.

Played Shields this afternoon.

Bloke two holes in front of us played 18 holes in shorts and tee shirt.

Tee‘d off at 12.45 pm , you wouldn’t want to tee off later now mind.

Aye lets get rtg knocks going again.

mon -fri knocks good for me!

Had my only hole in one at throston, always enjoyed the layout, pleased to hear they’re starting to look after it
It's the only place I've had a hole in one. On the 16th, 8 iron straight in.

I played The Hotchkin at Woodhall Spa on Friday. It was a Winter open. £55 with a meal afterwards was a bargain.
Finished 9th overall with 36pts. I've been cut to my lowest Handicap to date. 2.9

Last edited:

Back