Going teetotal

Was out last night. Had six pints. Got the last bus home. Feel absolutely fine today. I’m at the age where I know not to overdo it. A few years ago that would have been a proper all night session getting in at stupid o clock.

I never get the horror hangover some get.
Same as me, think something clicks now in my head and I know I’ve had enough

Has anyone on here done it? I do love a drink, I used to be a bit of a party animal but it all takes its toll dunnit?
I think at some point I'm gonna knock it on the head.

I've not completely gone tee-total but I often go 3-4 months without a drink and have managed 14 months at one point.

But I don't have any kind of problem and decided that putting restrictions on myself unnecessarily was also a bit daft.

Basically, I never drink at home and rarely do in general, but if it's a sunny day or big social occasion and I'm up for it, I'll just have a few pints and enjoy myself.

I just can't remember the last weekend that I didn't have a drink that's all. I never drink to excess anymore but I can probably do without it.
Do you drink in the house??..if you do get that knocked on the head as a start..I'm not teetotal but no alcohol in the house..gigs through Newcastle..car straight there and home..gigs in Sunderland few pints nowt excessive..my mates are in the pub Fridays and Saturdays talking about the same old shite that they did years ago..them days are long gone for me..you don't have to stop..my Doctor told me 20 units a week..equivalent of 10 pints.

Do you drink in the house??..if you do get that knocked on the head as a start..I'm not teetotal but no alcohol in the house..gigs through Newcastle..car straight there and home..gigs in Sunderland few pints nowt excessive..my mates are in the pub Fridays and Saturdays talking about the same old shite that they did years ago..them days are long gone for me..you don't have to stop..my Doctor told me 20 units a week..equivalent of 10 pints.
To be fair I probably don’t drink ten pints in a week most weeks. Just toying with the idea and I will do it at some point. Can’t do it yet anyway I’ve booked an all inclusive hotel for the summer :p

To be fair I probably don’t drink ten pints in a week most weeks. Just toying with the idea and I will do it at some point. Can’t do it yet anyway I’ve booked an all inclusive hotel for the summer :p
I just don't miss it..i might be going to see 1977 on Sunday afternoon..I'll have 5 or 6 pints if i do..that'll be my first beer in god knows how long..won't touch it again for months.

Two years gone Christmas for me and my wife. Paradoxically it's boosted our cultural life as we go to more gigs and clubs because you can just drive home afterwards. Don't miss it.

No drink since 11th Feb, nor chocolate, biscuits or crisps - my annual non-religious Lent type self-denial. Ends tonight when Son 1 arrives to stay over Easter. Looking forward to it (tho' I have no intention of getting pissed...)
Have you lost any weight ?
I used to drink a lot to help me deal with a very stressful job. I now only drink wine and only twice a week usually Friday night and Sunday with my dinner. At my yearly mot two weeks ago when they asked about weekly alcohol consumption I told the truth for the first time in my life 😆

The last drink I had was a nice G and T on the flight back from Tenerife last August.

I doubt I have more than a dozen pints a year - I ll have a couple on holiday but that’s it . Nothing at home.

Like most I had more than my share years ago and don’t regret it one bit. As I got older ( and probably grumpier) the behaviour of some people in pubs started to piss me off so I didn’t need it and stopped going.

It’s not a moral crusade or health kick - just sort of fell out with it and don’t miss it at all .

Yes...hate drinking now....im right into my fitness and eating well and can't stand the drink anymore. I used to love a good night out but now i prefer a meal out with a soft drink or 2...feel amazing inside and out. It's amazing how change can impact on you and make you feel

Attitudes are changing like, think people are generally positive and understanding towards those trying to quit, also more alcohol free options at the bar etc.

The last drink I had was a nice G and T on the flight back from Tenerife last August.

I doubt I have more than a dozen pints a year - I ll have a couple on holiday but that’s it . Nothing at home.

Like most I had more than my share years ago and don’t regret it one bit. As I got older ( and probably grumpier) the behaviour of some people in pubs started to piss me off so I didn’t need it and stopped going.

It’s not a moral crusade or health kick - just sort of fell out with it and don’t miss it at all .
It must be an age thing.

My auld boy hardly touches the drink now. Would be regularly out fri, sat and Sunday afternoon.

Back