Going on holiday to the same place

Status
Not open for further replies.

I first went to Cozumel in 1995.
I’ve been 19 times.
First several times single, a couple of times to see a local lass then when I met my missus I took her and she loved it. She’s been 12 times. Then the bairn came. She loves it and has been three times (four if you count the time she was cooking!)

Sometimes I think it would be great to try out loads of different Caribbean islands but I’m happy if it’s sunny, there’s a nice beach, halfway decent bait and the chance to get some scuba diving in, so aside from the history and different colonial cultures I reckon most Caribbean islands can offer that. It’s so cheap to go to Cozumel we keep on going back especially as someone upthread said “if you find a place where the bairn doesn’t twist”!! She’s not a twisty kid by nature but keeps asking when can we go back?

Maybe in general people are a bit more adventurous when they’re younger but at some point find a place they like and stick with it? (Always exceptions like). Me and my brother were both more travelled when we were younger but now he’s like me and goes to some spot in Majorca year on year.

We used to do it every year with my dad, same hotel in Majorca for years and years. Not for me now like but I can understand with three kids if you find somewhere that ticks all the boxes and you only have a couple weeks off a year where you just wanna lay and chill

year after year. Is it okay or a no no.
If you go to stew round a pool for 2 weeks then you may as well if you’ve found a great hotel. It will also have the advantage of knowing the good local restaurants as I always seem to find a topper one with a day or two to go.

This thread is about people who go somewhere (usually first or second holiday ) and are amazed at how great it was ,the barman remembered their names and they spotted us walking down the road etc etc and introduced us to their mother etc and book up immediately for the following year like all the other places in the world aren't that good
Bit cynical?

Each to their own like. Personally I try and go to a different country every year... there’s lots of beautiful places in the world and I’d like to see as many of them as possible.

Done Beni 57 times, I think, and going again later in the year.

Always try somewhere new each year as well.

Holidays are about what you make of them and to a degree, who you are with.

We’ve just come back from a place on Corfu that we stayed in two years ago and we’ve already booked with the apartments to go back next year because it was such a lovely place .
Do whatever feels right for you as it’s your holiday!

We have an apartment in La Cala so tend to go there often, normally a chill out 10 days.

Other Holidays I wouldn't go back to the same place if I had the choice, prefer to have a wonder about and try new places.

A gripping sense of anxiety over whether your lodgings are going to be absolutely f***ing shit does it for me.

Once I get there and they're fine I find myself wanting to go home.

I've been getting that feeling for years. Its strange, i'm doing what i want at a nice place in the sun, and i find myself counting the days till i'm home.

I see nothing wrong with visiting the same place repeatedly. You probably wouldn't do it if you didn't enjoy it.
We tour around to familiar and new places in our first week, then head down to where we have stayed for the last 25-ish years. Works well or we wouldn't do it.

I generally dont on foreign holidays...but I do in Sorrento as the place and hotel was where we had our honeymoon

in the UK..I get the same cottage every year in September just south of Oban at Loch Nell as its a cracking peaceful place with fishing for trout and salmon right outside the door complete with boat

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
I generally dont on foreign holidays...but I do in Sorrento as the place and hotel was where we had our honeymoon

in the UK..I get the same cottage every year in September just south of Oban at Loch Nell as its a cracking peaceful place with fishing for trout and salmon right outside the door complete with boat

Errr ... why do you need a boat if it’s right outside your door?

Last 20 odd years I've been to Cape Town. We wouldn't fancy anywhere else because we love the place. Won't be changing anytime soon coz bought an apartment there too

year after year. Is it okay or a no no.

I go to the same resort twice a year because we love going there, some people ask why not try other places which we have over the years and now just enjoy what we like. Long as we are happy its got nowt to do with any fucka else really

Bit cynical?
Not really,a lot of posts on here are people going to the same island or whatever but different hotels or resorts which is different or stating obvious cases why it works for them

we all know someone who went abroad and was flabbergasted how good it was and the stuff like I mentioned (friendly bar man,remembered our names etc etc ) and never go anywhere else .

I've gone to the same hotel in crete the last 7 years ,its a base for exploring the island on two wheels .Its cheap and ticks all the boxes .Alongside that I go to different places on my hols

Last edited:
Not really,a lot of posts on here are people going to the same island or whatever but different hotels or resorts which is different or stating obvious cases why it works for them

we all know someone who went abroad and was flabbergasted how good it was and the stuff like I mentioned (friendly bar man,remembered our names etc etc ) and never go anywhere else .
Must admit I am always baffled by people who meet 'a lovely couple', etc. on their second day and then spend the rest of the holiday with them. Mind, I'm not very social at the best of times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back