Going on holiday to the same place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Up to the individual surely. Personally I like to mix it up - somewhere familiar for a week and somewhere new for the other. Usually that means a week in Tenerife as there aren't a lot of direct flight options from Aberdeen.

Last few resort hols over the past few years have been to the same place as feel comfortable there, but always stay at different hotels, dunno why but hate staying at the same place, previous years have been to different places though. It is what it is and a case of what you fancy etc, harms no one and if you're happy then so f*ck.

I’m going to Skiathos Town very soon. 15th or 16 th time. In that time we’ve been to loads of other places.. we’ve done 5star all inclusive and a studio owned by a local Greek family which is what we are/doing next.
My mate’s have been having a pop cos we are going back to the same place.
If you find a place that touches your heart, why not return ?
Don't see why it's even an issue.
Only people it should concern are you and whoever you're going with.
No-one else's business

I tend to visit the North West of Scotland once a year (twice this year). Slightly different places usually.

Very much my 'go somewhere I'll definitely enjoy' place.

I’ve been trying various islands off the west coast. The last one was utterly splendid (Colonsay) so it was really difficult to book somewhere new next time.

Can always go back once i’ve tried em all i suppose.

year after year. Is it okay or a no no.

It's got nowt to do with anyone else what, where or when somebody has their holiday. If a person or persons chose to go to the same place year after year so f*cking what.

The brother has been going to Portugal for years - same place every time.

I have never been back to anywhere I have been for a holiday. I go to Northumberland every now and then.

This thread is about people who go somewhere (usually first or second holiday ) and are amazed at how great it was ,the barman remembered their names and they spotted us walking down the road etc etc and introduced us to their mother etc and book up immediately for the following year like all the other places in the world aren't that good

Totally depends what you want out of a holiday. Do you want to go away to relax to a place you know you will be served good food, drink in a relaxed atmosphere knowing what you get from experience, or do you want to explore next places and risk getting the odd crap meal? Some people may want the former, some the latter. I think a mix of both is ideal.

Went to Malta 19 times between the ages of 6-15.
Hated it.

Went back as a 35 year old (for my parents silver anniversary with family - they married there in 92). Met a girl, fell in love, been back ever since. Finished with said girl last year. Still going to go back. Love the place now.

One of my mates does it, mainly cos he's worried incase he wont like other places so goes for the safe bet. Personally going somewhere you dont know & exploring a bit, seeing different stuff is part of the enjoyment

Did it when I was younger with Ibiza like. 4 years in a row. Grown out of that very quickly though. Wouldn't consider it now. Try to visit as may different places as possible now, summer holidays in different countries if possible. Harder to do now though with the little lad who is 3 and the Mrs wants to play it safe with the common family resorts etc. Just got back from Benalmadena and that was very decent TBF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back