Going on holiday to the same place

Personally no but wouldn't judge anyone who does that, it's their holiday at the end of the day not mine.

The family of a close mate of mine have been going to the same resort in Turkey for 2 weeks a year for the last 15/20 years. I suppose you can see the logic in it if all you want to do is purely chill out, sup alcohol by the pool and not have to stress about any unknowns.

I'd get bored me but each to their own.

We've been going to same place at least for a week for last 15 year
No time difference quite quiet lovely restaurants lovely people
Just tui have pissed about with the flights and you don't touchdown til 3am. We had hours delay so was 4am and we were an inconvenience for the cabin crew, not us all of the passengers
Eh ?

I’m going to Skiathos Town very soon. 15th or 16 th time. In that time we’ve been to loads of other places.. we’ve done 5star all inclusive and a studio owned by a local Greek family which is what we are/doing next.
My mate’s have been having a pop cos we are going back to the same place.
If you find a place that touches your heart, why not return ?

I dont go to the same place usually but generally go on the same type of holiday. Typical beach holiday in the sun for me - tourist resort, easy to get to, beach, pool and a bit of night life etc.

Would rather stay in the same hotel every year than go to some random country/place just to say I've been.
Might find yourself an even better hotel/place if you branch out, though...

Depends on how many holidays you take.
I try to have a couple of trips away each year where i try to go somewhere i haven't been, (at least for a few year) so that allows me to go to somewhere like Beni every year for a few days to unwind.

Somewhere like Lake Garda is good to go back to as it is so big you can go north, south, east or west of the lake and have different holidays but still with the beauty of the lake. North has the mountains too mind.

year after year. Is it okay or a no no.

I have returned to the NE for more than two decades now and happily do so. I come back for its views, its friendliness, it's nature spots and beaches, it's social culture, its rich history, the football, the humour and the many lovely locals. I don't really see it as a holiday-holiday anymore but a return to my home away from home. Though I seem to meet at least a couple of locals each year who look puzzled when they hear I am a tourist in Sunderland.

You are very lucky to live where you do and it saddens me that not everyone notice the many good things right at your doorsteps. I am back soon and cannot wait.

I like to try other places , but equally if I find somewhere I really love to go to I’ll go back again. Like New York and Malta.
This. I’ve done New York twice, and talking about going back for our 40ths, and just back from Disney Paris for the 2nd year in a row but have exhausted it now so probably won’t go back.

We all fancy a beach holiday next year and it’ll only be the 2nd beach holiday my wife and I will have been on and we’ve been together 18 years - we usually preferred city breaks per-kids and we’ve only been away twice since kids came along.

Back