Going on holiday to the same place

Depends really.

You might be holidaying because you like to do a really specific activity and enjoy doing it there. Or a place might hold some special meaning to you.

Maybe you have a holiday home and want to use it.

Heading back to the same hotel to sit in the same English pub in Benalmadena year on year is a no no for me, though.

I prefer going to different hotels and different English pubs in Benalmadena.

We've been going to same place at least for a week for last 15 year
No time difference quite quiet lovely restaurants lovely people
Just tui have pissed about with the flights and you don't touchdown til 3am. We had hours delay so was 4am and we were an inconvenience for the cabin crew, not us all of the passengers

Good food and a rest in nice surroundings. Got bored with sight seeing years ago.

I had my first beach holiday in 15 years a few months ago and loved it. All that means is that I will want to do a beach holiday again, but there are thousands of places to do that so the idea of going back to the same place to visit the same beach and go to the same restaurant doesn’t excite me, it bores me.

A gripping sense of anxiety over whether your lodgings are going to be absolutely f***ing shit does it for me.

Once I get there and they're fine I find myself wanting to go home.

Our last one in Sardinia was spick and span having just been renovated. The hosts reported us to Airbnb and said we trashed their gaff and had cracked a marble counter top. Completely made it up in an attempt to get compensation, no truth in it whatsoever. Mental.

I dont go to the same place usually but generally go on the same type of holiday. Typical beach holiday in the sun for me - tourist resort, easy to get to, beach, pool and a bit of night life etc.

Would rather stay in the same hotel every year than go to some random country/place just to say I've been.

Back