Going for a walk

Did it in September, the wettest day EVER.Was horrific. Took 3 hours up and down. Just a slog. Saw bugger all due to the rain clouds.

Will be canny on a nice day I bet. Fairly straightforward. Good views so I’m told.
Did it last Saturday , what a day to do it, set off at 8:30am , blue skies the whole walk, could see for miles at the top.

was surprised how steep it was , doesn’t look that big from the car but when you’re in amongst it , it’s a good test

Anyone else heard of Slow Ways? They set-up last year during the first lockdown with the aim of creating a network of walks between places. Their website went live yesterday and you can view all their suggested routes (I think the plan at the mo is to get people to walk and review them) and if you think there's a better route you can suggest that as an improvement / alternative. You can also download routes as .gpx files and these can be used in all sorts of navigation software.

Their website can be found here.

Anyone else heard of Slow Ways? They set-up last year during the first lockdown with the aim of creating a network of walks between places. Their website went live yesterday and you can view all their suggested routes (I think the plan at the mo is to get people to walk and review them) and if you think there's a better route you can suggest that as an improvement / alternative. You can also download routes as .gpx files and these can be used in all sorts of navigation software.

Their website can be found here.
Thanks Will check it out
Went too Staithes today really nice place and cracking walk along Cleveland way 👍

Going to do a bit more weardale way at weekend
cowshill to westgate
enjoyed the last section. Must have done that road through weardale a 1000 times but never on foot on the paths
Did this last week
Great easy flat 4.5 miles ,had a sandwich and walked back .
Starts near waterfall ( class ) in village with car spaces next to field
Pretty much follows the river as it cascades down the dale ,great picnic spots and places for dipping in .
The paths are either signposts or yellow post markers
A small map off " wear dale way " links helps for bearings
If you can't do our that far just turn around quicker or wait for the bus on the road
The 101 runs to cowshill from Stanhope etc

250 miles in April

is that any good?

been a big help for me, and it’s become part of my routine and I feel guilty when I miss a day for whatever reason. Lost over 2 stone last few months by this and tweaks to the diet.

was in northumberland a few weeks and walking the coast there was so enjoyable. The view makes a big different to how easy the walk is in my opinion, harder in Chester that’s for sure

not feeling great mentally today, gonna try and force myself out of the house and at least get my 10k steps in

Can I just ask the experts on here

my mam wants to get me something for me birthday, Is there anything walking related?

ive been looking at fitbits but I’m not sure of the benefits? I have the GPS and Step thing on my phone

maybe thinking some AirPod headphones as the wire becomes annoying

any ideas? Thanks

Anyone done any of the Slow Ways I linked to earlier? Last Monday, I did a triangular walk of Sunderland, East Boldon, Whitburn and back to Sunderland - about 12.5 miles all in. It was primarily set-up for people to amble from one place to another instead of using a car but it appears people are planning looped walks with it too.

Back