Going for a walk

Went for a 5 miles walk the other day and the about of flytipping I saw was a disgrace. Took photos and reported it. I'd urge all to do the same on your travels
During the most recent lockdown a golfing pal has cleared out the lane where he walks his dog. He had to contact the council to take the rubbish away which he had collected. After doing this someone dumped a settee and chair down the lane, he booted the settee in frustration and an envelope came flying out which contained a name and address. He rang his new mate at the council who collected the envelope and was going to issue a £1,000 fine to the addressee on the envelope.

I thought we were still supposed to be minimising travel or avoidng unnecessary travel (whatever that means)
Aye, it's a bit loose and unlike people before the slight easing of movement I've followed the guidelines. I've been off work this week so fitted some activity in .
It became apparent before the change very few were following and no one was doing anything about that fact

Went for a 5 miles walk the other day and the about of flytipping I saw was a disgrace. Took photos and reported it. I'd urge all to do the same on your travels
I find that is the most depressing part of walking. Some scummy bastards out there. Twats.

Anyone who does as you say are scum. No pride in themselves and they should be ashamed

The strange thing will littering is that nobody ever admits to doing it. Always someone else.
3 miles after work. Nice sunny evening after a bitterly cold morning. Walked past a few pubs but only one was open with the usual suspects sitting outside. Wasn't tempted in the slightest to join them.

Last edited:
Good wander into town this morning looking for a barber who was accepting walk-ins. Eventually found one and didn't have to wait long so got scalped as well as getting some fresh air.

Just a shame I still couldn't pop into the pub afterwards.

Looking after a mates dog for the day soon - anyone know of walks near Washington/Penshaw way where I can safely let the mutt of its lead?

Going to do a bit more weardale way at weekend
cowshill to westgate
enjoyed the last section. Must have done that road through weardale a 1000 times but never on foot on the paths

Back