Going for a walk

Parked at Newburn country park , walked along the wagon way to Wylam , through Wylam up to Close House , picked up the paths through there back down to the river and back to the car park near the Big Lamp brewery.

Crisp, clear blue sky and great walking conditions.

Two coffees and two cheese scones in Wylam for £5.50

17,000 steps in total.

Saves getting accosted by the Covid Marshalls down at Roker .

Just back from my first morning walk in a couple of weeks. Freezing cold so only did 30 mins and will try to get out again over lunchtime. Officially -1C but felt a lot colder in the wind.

Now the mornings are getting lighter I'm going to try to get out at around 7:30.

Just back from my first morning walk in a couple of weeks. Freezing cold so only did 30 mins and will try to get out again over lunchtime. Officially -1C but felt a lot colder in the wind.

Now the mornings are getting lighter I'm going to try to get out at around 7:30.
Well done mate, keep it up

It's -1 feeling like -7 here currently.

I mentioned on the coronavirus forum that my sister passed away last month and, for almost three weeks up to last weekend, other than working (from home), all I did was sleep, and veg in front of the telly, drinking and eating crap. The only times I left the house were to go to the supermarket after work, when it was already dark. Barely saw daylight at all.

Gave myself a real kick up the arse on Sunday morning, and have made a point of going for a walk each day, whether it be first thing in the morning, at dinner time, or when I finish work. Not long walks - a minimum of 40 minutes, maximum of an hour - but I feel so much better for it.
Went out at 7.30 this morning and walked for an hour. Beautiful, crisp morning. I live at the top of a hill, so wherever I go it's a nice easy walk on the way out, but uphill on the way back, so it gets the old lungs working.

I mentioned on the coronavirus forum that my sister passed away last month and, for almost three weeks up to last weekend, other than working (from home), all I did was sleep, and veg in front of the telly, drinking and eating crap. The only times I left the house were to go to the supermarket after work, when it was already dark. Barely saw daylight at all.

Gave myself a real kick up the arse on Sunday morning, and have made a point of going for a walk each day, whether it be first thing in the morning, at dinner time, or when I finish work. Not long walks - a minimum of 40 minutes, maximum of an hour - but I feel so much better for it.
Went out at 7.30 this morning and walked for an hour. Beautiful, crisp morning. I live at the top of a hill, so wherever I go it's a nice easy walk on the way out, but uphill on the way back, so it gets the old lungs working.
Sorry to hear of your loss mate.

Keep up the walking, its definitely a great way to clear the mind

As a runner I have always taken cod liver oil.. It's kept my joints lubricated for 40 years..but I'm Gonna change to krill oil.. It's supposed to be even better than cod liver oil... Now I'm older and more of a walker than a runner I'm hoping it will be a good decision to change ...

Back