Going for a walk

Lovely walk yesterday. Went around Boldon Flats via Moor Lane. It's being pedestrianised and a really nice spot to walk. Up to academy down to Whitburn and along Cleadon lane past the old Charley Hurley centre to Cleadon and down Boldon Lane. Just under 5 mile. Bit slippy in parts and absolutely baltic but a beautiful day.
Was great for the soul (and ward off the anxiety) as I've not done enough. Kids and new puppy can't walk too far and rarely find time for myself.

I felt like Roger Bannister tonight. I have a regular 4.3 mile evening walk and I've been trying to get under one the hour mark for a couple of weeks. I've been chipping away at it but smashed it this evening with a time of 58:38. I looked online and saw that 5 mph was a fast walking pace. It's beyond me how anyone can do that without (a) looking like a character from one of those Benny Hill chases or (b) keeping it up for any distance at all.

I felt like Roger Bannister tonight. I have a regular 4.3 mile evening walk and I've been trying to get under one the hour mark for a couple of weeks. I've been chipping away at it but smashed it this evening with a time of 58:38. I looked online and saw that 5 mph was a fast walking pace. It's beyond me how anyone can do that without (a) looking like a character from one of those Benny Hill chases or (b) keeping it up for any distance at all.
Well done mate. My pace completely depends on my mood tbh. Some days I’m storming some days the pensioners overtake me. Best way to be imo.

Last edited:
5 miles yesterday 10k steps.

Managed 5 miles in an hour a few weeks ago, did feel silly walking stupidly fast, had a couple of strange looks. Won't be doing it again any time soon.
Did 20Km yesterday, the same the day before, small increase from the usual 17Km.

You must be on a canny total for the year mate, impressive stuff :)

Lovely walk yesterday. Went around Boldon Flats via Moor Lane. It's being pedestrianised and a really nice spot to walk. Up to academy down to Whitburn and along Cleadon lane past the old Charley Hurley centre to Cleadon and down Boldon Lane. Just under 5 mile. Bit slippy in parts and absolutely baltic but a beautiful day.
Was great for the soul (and ward off the anxiety) as I've not done enough. Kids and new puppy can't walk too far and rarely find time for myself.
One of my old routes that with me dog when I lived there

Back