Going for a walk

Done 9.78 mile today. Wheatley Hill along to Thornley Crossing, along the lines to Wingate, then over to Castle Eden Dene under the A19 and out at the Castle. Head over to the Haswell/Hart walkway and up to Wellfield and then onto Shotton along the walkway then back over the fields and into Wheatley Hill. 3hrs 9mins. 19.22 mins/mile. Lovely but bitterly cold when exposed

Home. What a cracking walk that was and conditions just about perfect albeit a strong wind from various directions. Wheatley Hill to Ryhope (Return). 20.04 mile. Wheatley Hill > Shotton > Haswell > South Hetton > Murton > Seaton > Ryhope. 6hrs 45 mins. 20.22 mins/mile. Elevation gain 1053ft. Enjoyed that. It also takes me to just over 200 miles of outdoor walks so far this year.

Home. What a cracking walk that was and conditions just about perfect albeit a strong wind from various directions. Wheatley Hill to Ryhope (Return). 20.04 mile. Wheatley Hill > Shotton > Haswell > South Hetton > Murton > Seaton > Ryhope. 6hrs 45 mins. 20.22 mins/mile. Elevation gain 1053ft. Enjoyed that. It also takes me to just over 200 miles of outdoor walks so far this year.
Cracking effort you’ve put in this weekend mate. get yourself a beer.

Didnt pass a burnt out red quashkai did you?

I go walking out in the countryside where I see almost no one. I like to pretend there has been some apocalyptic event and there are few people left in the world. Climbed down by a railway bridge yesterday to look around. Train came and I stood back in the field watching it close up. Maybe there was no on on it, no driver. Just a train on fire out of control, something else to add to the chaos.

Back