Go North East

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well passed my PCV test this afternoon, absolutely over the moon :cool: now the lads are going to do me a double hooray and do over Portsmouth tonight! Ha way the lads!

Well done fella. Got my Cat D provisional through on Monday, just waiting on a start date now. Got the hazard test and theory DVD and CPC book yesterday so swatting up while I'm waiting.

Anyone here been tempted to do National Express through GNE?

I looked at it once and got offered the job. Before I could take it up I got offered another job which turned out to be shit and part of me is still wondering if I should give it another shot

To be fair the 56 takes about 10 years to get anywhere.

Never had a problem other than the drivers being somewhat heavy on the brakes. I got on it one evening and a woman driver managed to overshoot every single stop from Washington to the Sunderland exchange.

Was quite funny when some fat woman was running to catch it another time and the driver let her get within a couple of metres of the doors and pulled away.

Last edited:
Well done TB!
Thanks mate

Well done mate. Which depot you going to?
Thanks mate and yes I'm going to Washington depot

Well done fella. Got my Cat D provisional through on Monday, just waiting on a start date now. Got the hazard test and theory DVD and CPC book yesterday so swatting up while I'm waiting.
Best of luck to you mate you will fly through it & thanks mate.

Anyone here been tempted to do National Express through GNE?

I looked at it once and got offered the job. Before I could take it up I got offered another job which turned out to be shit and part of me is still wondering if I should give it another shot
A lad who started with me is going on nat ex like, seems canny like but it's time away from home which would be no good for me with my daughter only being 4 maybe when she gets a bit older I might look into it.

Last edited:
Do they get paid extra for being away, is accommodation provided?

I'm used to working away, and a few days wouldnt be a problem, but looking at the pay there seems few perks to justify Express over local driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back