GNR 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Got round in 1h44. Over the moon with that and was aiming for sub 1.45 so bang on the money. Tweaked my hamstring about 4 weeks ago and done nowt since, wasn't even sure if I'd get round without it going twang. GPS watch was a godsend. Constantly monitoring my pace all the way round. Next year want to get closer to 1.30. Well done everyone!

2:14:53 for me, first time and had problems all through training with IT band which also flared up at the 1 mile marker. Hadn't ran for 4 weeks and the furthest ive ever done is 8 mile,
Great day and will definitely be back next year, just with a bit more training.

2 hours and 9 seconds for me, my first GNR. Was hoping to beat two hours but that long climb towards the end absolutely destroyed me, that and the fact I missed a load of training due to an IT band injury. Almost made up the time though with a 300metre sprint finish but could get past people. Bring on next year!

2 hours and 9 seconds for me, my first GNR. Was hoping to beat two hours but that long climb towards the end absolutely destroyed me, that and the fact I missed a load of training due to an IT band injury. Almost made up the time though with a 300metre sprint finish but could get past people. Bring on next year!

i must of been to only person that did not have a sprint finish in them, i had used up all me energy in the 1st 11 mile and the last 2 were just a slog to get around, for all the running i have ever done i never have a sprint finish

i must of been to only person that did not have a sprint finish in them, i had used up all me energy in the 1st 11 mile and the last 2 were just a slog to get around, for all the running i have ever done i never have a sprint finish

I was the same mate. First GNR and did it in 1.56, and i thought the course was a little harder than I expected (Age and weight not on my side...). Last 2 miles I had no additional strength to give so gave up on a "sprint" finish (whatever that is....).

Ran a fairly consistent pace throughout the whole race , only about 12secs per mile over my average for the last 2-3 miles

I was the same mate. First GNR and did it in 1.56, and i thought the course was a little harder than I expected (Age and weight not on my side...). Last 2 miles I had no additional strength to give so gave up on a "sprint" finish (whatever that is....).

Ran a fairly consistent pace throughout the whole race , only about 12secs per mile over my average for the last 2-3 miles

i ran it in 131.31 and at a fairly consistant pace aswell, 1st mile and last 2 were the slowest and only miles i was over 7 mins a mile, the last mile for all the struggle it was i still did in 7.17, when i did the sunderland half my last 4 miles were all 8.30 plus after all being under 7.30all the way before that, i did a bit training for the gnr and it improved me massivly just not enough to show off like the sprinters in the last 400m it actuall felt like i was running through treacle that last mile, i have also ran that last mile 100s off times and this time it felt like it was never going to end. going out in herrington park for leg loosener tonight 3 mile max as i am sore all owa.

1hr 29mins 20sec for me. After 2 years of being on for 1hr 30mins but falling apart on John Reid road and just missing out got my act together and hung on a consistent pace all the way round.

Will never (seriously) do the GNR again now that I have got under 90mins, cant see myself getting particularly quicker at it and prefer smaller running events to it anyway.

Well done to everyone who took part hope the legs (and nipples) arent too sore today, will be taking the parkrun on Saturday at a very gentle.

1hr 29mins 20sec for me. After 2 years of being on for 1hr 30mins but falling apart on John Reid road and just missing out got my act together and hung on a consistent pace all the way round.

Will never (seriously) do the GNR again now that I have got under 90mins, cant see myself getting particularly quicker at it and prefer smaller running events to it anyway.

Well done to everyone who took part hope the legs (and nipples) arent too sore today, will be taking the parkrun on Saturday at a very gentle.
cracking time mate, well done, as for park run its maybe an ideal time for a PB as you are likely to be in top condition ?

Everyone checked out their photos? :lol: Mine aren't too bad, thankfully. I remembered to smile at the end.
mine are just coming up as generic red-arrows / mo farrah pics
have you got yours emailled through or are you looking on the website ?

cracking time mate, well done, as for park run its maybe an ideal time for a PB as you are likely to be in top condition ?

Yeah I had thought that, but as i'm a bit sore and got a few beers planned on Friday night be happy enough to take it easy and try for a PB week after.

mine are just coming up as generic red-arrows / mo farrah pics
have you got yours emailled through or are you looking on the website ?

They are up on Marathon Photos website. They may still have some more to put up, although a few of my mates haven't been lucky enough to get snapped , looking knackered , wet and cold.....

juts ad a look on there too - still the generic ones without any of me! oh well probly a good thing :D

Yeah I had thought that, but as i'm a bit sore and got a few beers planned on Friday night be happy enough to take it easy and try for a PB week after.
nights out should always come first, get the "100" tshirt and it basically reads "I don't do Friday nights" :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back