Glastonbury 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never been. Always wanted to. Tried one year where me and a mate spend 2 hours redialling and never got through. Too old and boring now to make it

Never been. Always wanted to. Tried one year where me and a mate spend 2 hours redialling and never got through. Too old and boring now to make it

Absolutely not! People of all ages go, I guarantee you'll have the best time. You should certainly try for tickets next year.

I'm beyond excited now like (not happy with the storms they've had all night apparently though, gonna make it muddy on Wednesday i reckon). Coach is normally fine though, nothing to worry about. Although, regarding coaches this is the first time in a couple of years I'm not going down for the tuesday night, which is a shame.

Foals secret set on the park according to twitter, that's a must-see for me.

I didn't get tickets in october so went for coach in resale just to try anything, I normally travel down today so feels a bit weird. Just limits my alcohol I can bring ;)

Weather looks great for whole festival, actually packing sun cream

Foals will be fantastic in the park, be a great night with the chemical brothers on later

Not that we should be encouraging more people to try but it is amazing, the group I go with are all different ages and each.probably have a completely different festival

Last edited:
I didn't get tickets in october so went for coach in resale just to try anything, I normally travel down today so feels a bit weird. Just limits my alcohol I can bring ;)

Weather looks great for whole festival, actually packing sun cream

Foals will be fantastic in the park, be a great night with the chemical brothers on later

Which coach you on, Leeds or Newcastle? I've never had a problem with carrying booze myself like, just my bag is normally pretty heavy :lol:

Urgh don't talk about the chems. I missed their set in 2015 to see The Who (I don't regret that even though it's generally panned as a set) and haven't seen anything on pyramid since. Now the next time the chems come along they're f***ing clashing with the killers, a band I grew up with and love. So I'm once again going to miss them. Absolutely gutted as I know it'll be the set of the weekend.

I have sun cream no matter what the weather is :lol: I burnt in 2016 ffs.

Which coach you on, Leeds or Newcastle? I've never had a problem with carrying booze myself like, just my bag is normally pretty heavy :lol:

Urgh don't talk about the chems. I missed their set in 2015 to see The Who (I don't regret that even though it's generally panned as a set) and haven't seen anything on pyramid since. Now the next time the chems come along they're f***ing clashing with the killers, a band I grew up with and love. So I'm once again going to miss them. Absolutely gutted as I know it'll be the set of the weekend.

I have sun cream no matter what the weather is :lol: I burnt in 2016 ffs.

10am coach from Newcastle

I'm going to watch a little bit of the killers and walk round to other. I went in 2007 and saw the killers headline then

10am coach from Newcastle

I'm going to watch a little bit of the killers and walk round to other. I went in 2007 and saw the killers headline then
That's the year it was muddy as fuck wasn't it? It was my first time.
Hated it tbh. but knew it was just the mud. So went back around 2014/5ish and had a great time in the sun.

That's the year it was muddy as fuck wasn't it? It was my first time.
Hated it tbh. but knew it was just the mud. So went back around 2014/5ish and had a great time in the sun.

It started raining wednesday afternoon and then didn't stop for whole festival.

I was just getting back from a dislocated ankle and had a 2nd OP a week before so probably wasnt the best idea

It started raining wednesday afternoon and then didn't stop for whole festival.
Was only my 2nd ever festival (Leeds), and it was a nightmare. Moving anywhere was horrible, staying anywhere was horrible. Trying not to drag mud into a tent was horrible. Having to literally dig a moat around our tents to stop the flood water getting in (using a saucepan) was horrible.

I think the only bit I really enjoyed was getting up one day, picking up a full slab of beer, and sitting with my mate on a stone bench at the back of the main stage, and not moving except to piss, for about 8 hours.

I was just getting back from a dislocated ankle and had a 2nd OP a week before so probably wasnt the best idea
It was hard enough not dislocating your ankle with every step in(out?) the mud. You must have been fucked.

Was only my 2nd ever festival (Leeds), and it was a nightmare. Moving anywhere was horrible, staying anywhere was horrible. Trying not to drag mud into a tent was horrible. Having to literally dig a moat around our tents to stop the flood water getting in (using a saucepan) was horrible.

I think the only bit I really enjoyed was getting up one day, picking up a full slab of beer, and sitting with my mate on a stone bench at the back of the main stage, and not moving except to piss, for about 8 hours.

It was hard enough not dislocating your ankle with every step in(out?) the mud. You must have been fucked.

Was in agony and needed to try and sit down, remember during the killers just giving in and sitting in a bar

Reactions: PTR
Think all my friends who missed out have currently blocked me , I think I would go on holiday as far away as possible if I wasnt going

Going to be sunny as well, so I hope you don't get offended if I say: You call all go and fuck yourselves. ;)

Have a cracking time lads and lasses. Line up isn't the best but as we all know, it doesn't matter a bit.

Going to be sunny as well, so I hope you don't get offended if I say: You call all go and fuck yourselves. ;)

Have a cracking time lads and lasses. Line up isn't the best but as we all know, it doesn't matter a bit.

Veteran you steakpie, gave us advice on my only visit (2004/ronaldo v england screened live).

I’ve got nowt against the killers, they’re a big stadium / festival band with huge sing a longs. I just thought they’re ‘headlining Glastonbury’ days we’re behind them.

They’re sort of at the point in their career where they’re not the big current band nor or they yet at the nostalgia act stage I.e the Cure.
I hope everybody who sees them has a great time.

Ie muze, always thought loads of hype over a couple of decent tunes.

Last edited:
One of the lads deeing a course with me got a job as security for this

Started 2000 hrs yesterday only got told to be there 1000 am yesterday :lol:

Has to provide his own tent too

One of the lads deeing a course with me got a job as security for this

Started 2000 hrs yesterday only got told to be there 1000 am yesterday :lol:

Has to provide his own tent too
My daughter's there volunteering for Oxfam. She does two shifts over 5 days and gets her ticket paid for. She's done it for the last 5 or 6 years. Canny gig if you can get it.

Think all my friends who missed out have currently blocked me , I think I would go on holiday as far away as possible if I wasnt going
Brett R?

I'm not going until late on Thursday and won't be venturing very often between stages but I'll be there. Second time I'll be there by myself. Got ticket courtesy of a random person on Glasto Chat Facebook group.

My daughter's there volunteering for Oxfam. She does two shifts over 5 days and gets her ticket paid for. She's done it for the last 5 or 6 years. Canny gig if you can get it.
I worked at the last one as a mental health professional. Situated right by the Pyramid stage when working which was canny and with secure camping, food and awesome showers.

Last edited:
Brett R?

I'm not going until late on Thursday and won't be venturing very often between stages but I'll be there. Second time I'll be there by myself. Got ticket courtesy of a random person on Glasto Chat Facebook group.

I worked at the last one as a mental health professional. Situated right by the Pyramid stage when working which was canny and with secure camping, food and awesome showers.

Ha yes Brett R ;)

Nah, I've seen babies under one to people over 80. Saw a woman 3 years ago with a pink t shirt on that said "it may have took me 84 years to get here but this is my first Glastonbury."

Ha yes Brett R ;)
Was certain it was after reading this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back