Glastonbury 2019

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Brett, Sep 17, 2018.

1. mickb2112

mickb2112 Winger

Good post. Stormzy is not my cup of tea and I won`t be at Glastonbury, but we really should embrace all different types of music and keep an open mind. Last Saturday I was at Slayer, tonight it`s The Osmonds and I`ll enjoy both.

2. Brett

Brett Striker

Glastonbury have taken chances before , booked oasis and Coldplay after 1 album and Radiohead before ok computer was even released.

Some festivals have to take chances or we are going to end up with the same acts as every year. 1975s are going to headline Leeds apparently which will be a chance for them to step up

jacko100 likes this.
  3. mackembhoy

mackembhoy Striker

4. mad cyril

mad cyril Winger

With the Killers headlining, makes you wonder if they’ve stepped in for the Prodigy who Emily Eavis confirmed we’re booked to play.

Still hundreds left to announce but it’s nit a great first poster ( albeit some excellent stuff on there )

5. PTR

PTR Striker

I heard Killers were already booked. But maybe they've moved up the order?

Honestly, that's a terrible line up. Still be a brilliant week of course. But there's not one act so far that I'd walk to go and see.

mad cyril likes this.
  6. Cee Jay

Cee Jay Striker

At least the Cure confirmed, really looking forward to watching them, especially given scarcity of UK shows nowadays

Them and New Order were and still my go to bands for decades now

7. Brett

Brett Striker

Hopefully all these people complaining will make the resale easier

8. Barnacle Boy

Barnacle Boy Striker

Awful that

9. SAFC 83

SAFC 83 Midfield

Obviously, still can't fuckin wait to get there but for me that's a poor first poster. Hopefully many more acts that are more to my taste still tba.

Far too much pop and modernish RnB for my taste but on the plus side it looks like I might get the chance to get to the SE corner early for a change.

10. Biscuitz

Biscuitz Midfield

Massive Cure fan here. Was listening to them on the way to work this morning

screwjack and Cee Jay like this.
  11. SAFC 83

SAFC 83 Midfield

Unlikely, the music is secondary at Glastonbury. I suppose it could put a few first timers off trying though.

I absolutely love being about the farm on Wednesday and Thursday, probably my favourite days.:lol:

PTR likes this.
  12. HarrogateMackem

HarrogateMackem Striker

Loads of class stuff on there for me. Best first poster in years.

Killers, The Cure, Tame Impala, Chems (gonna clash though), Vampire Weekend, Kamsi Washington, Kate Tempest, Interpol, Maribu State

Thousands more to announce as well :cool:

Haven’t seen a headliner in years. Proper buzzing.

Aye they’re by far my favourite days as well :lol:

PTR likes this.
  13. errant

errant Striker

Don’t hold your breath for something amazing...

14. HarrogateMackem

HarrogateMackem Striker

There will be plenty of class acts announced I’ll want to see I am sure.

errant likes this.
  15. Martin F

Martin F Winger

I rarely go near the main stages anyway.

16. PTR

PTR Striker

100% this.

17. The Great MES

The Great MES Winger

I reckon the Chemical Brothers might have stepped in for them. I would have been surprised if they had both been on the same bill

18. mad cyril

mad cyril Winger

Aye maybe, I just find the Killers headlining in 2019 a bit odd.

PTR likes this.
  19. Reptilia

Reptilia Winger

Fucking gutted I’m missing The Cure like :cry:

20. Brett

Brett Striker

seen a few stories saying some bigger acts want millions to play and Glastonbury wont pay it, killers will probably get the biggest crowd of the weekend though.

Its worse still not having a ticket and the first time I have ever been in this situation