Glastonbury 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cannit wait me! Driving down late tonight/early morning. Should be asleep now tbh. 3rd time down but first time not in Worthy View.

18, some going that! What’s the best and worst pyramid headliner you saw? (Bowie in 2000 I assume and maybe Primal Scream as the worst?)

Bowie and Radiohead probably the best, although The Cure in 1990 is up there as well. That was my 1st one, and they were the reason I lied to my parents and got the bus down, without a tent.......

Primal Scream are the obvious worst one, but I was surprised how few Springsteen songs I (and everyone else) recognised and the crowd were pretty much talking among themselves for most of his set. Metallica were great but the crowd was terrible, I know they've claimed it was decent but 5 minutes before they started I walked up to about 20 deep without having to say "excuse me" once. Paul McCartney was another who was phoning it in until it was announced we were live on the BBC, then he suddenly kicked into gear. And he over-ran, which caused a problem with the licence for the next year and led to earlier and stricter curfews IIRC.

Bowie and Radiohead probably the best, although The Cure in 1990 is up there as well. That was my 1st one, and they were the reason I lied to my parents and got the bus down, without a tent.......

Primal Scream are the obvious worst one, but I was surprised how few Springsteen songs I (and everyone else) recognised and the crowd were pretty much talking among themselves for most of his set. Metallica were great but the crowd was terrible, I know they've claimed it was decent but 5 minutes before they started I walked up to about 20 deep without having to say "excuse me" once. Paul McCartney was another who was phoning it in until it was announced we were live on the BBC, then he suddenly kicked into gear. And he over-ran, which caused a problem with the licence for the next year and led to earlier and stricter curfews IIRC.

Didnt headline that year I went but was on the bill McCartney, what an up his arse arrogant maroon haired arsehole he is.

Windscreen wipers stopped working just past Middlesbrough last night. AA couldn't fix it so got towed home. Now waiting for Europcar to open so I can pick up a hire car :mad:

Windscreen wipers stopped working just past Middlesbrough last night. AA couldn't fix it so got towed home. Now waiting for Europcar to open so I can pick up a hire car :mad:

Takes me back to our festival days that like!
Mate wrote off his dads car near derby.

Takes me back to our festival days that like!
Mate wrote off his dads car near derby.
The only other time I have used the AA was about 7 year ago when I was on my way to Leeds festival and the engine seized in my Mam's car that I borrowed. Was about the same place on the A19 as well!

The only other time I have used the AA was about 7 year ago when I was on my way to Leeds festival and the engine seized in my Mam's car that I borrowed. Was about the same place on the A19 as well!

Jesus, summat as daft as wipers now too. Should have risked it man you only had 304 mile left!;)

Youl enjoy more when you get there!

Our builders have dug the footings for our new conservatory and stuck a skip on our drive then fucked off to Glastonbury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back